10 June 2017 Current Affairs is available now for the users to read.
10 June 2017 Current Affairs
India and Pakistan become full members of shanghai cooperation organization
India and Pakistan became full members of the SCO(Shanghai cooperation organisation). The 2017 summit of the SCO was based on the theme “future strategy”.
President of India Dr.Pranab Mukherjee launches the “selfie with daughter” app
- President Pranab Mukherjee today launched the selfie with daughter application to raise awareness regarding female foeticide and sex selection.
- The compaign was started buy Sunil jaglan in June 2015 in a village named Bibipur in jind district of Haryana.
- The objective of the compaign is to motivate parents of girl child to feel proud and to improve the child sex ratio.
SBI cuts interest rates on home loans above 75 lacs by 10bps
- The State Bank of India cut the interest rates on home loans above 75 lacs by 10 basis points(bps) to 8.60 percent.It has cut the rates for women buyers to 8.55 percent.
- These rates of interest will be effective from june 15. According to SBI,these are the lowest rates being offered in the industry.
Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugates first Indian railways HR round table conference
The Indian Railway minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugrated Indian Railways 1st HR round table conference in New Delhi.The conference was organized around 3 themes:
- stakeholders expectations from HR
- future of work-HR role
- creativity within constraints
HR experts and leaders of the industry held round table discussions on each of the above mentioned themes.
Indian overseas bank launches Retail mart in Thiruvananthpuram
- Indian overseas bank,the Lead bank for Thiruvananthapuram launched the retail mart in Kerala’s capital city.
- It has been designed with an aim to complete all pre-release formalities at the customer’s doorstep and sanction quality loans at competitive rates of interest.
Canara bank ties up with New India Assurance Company
- Canara bank has signed a pact with the state-owned general Insurance company The New India Assurance Company Ltd. to sell policies through its branches.
- The pact allows Canara bank to offer non-life insurance products to its customers in metros and tier 2 and tier 3 cities.
- Under the agreement,New India Assurance will offer a range of products such as motor,home,health,travel,fire,marine and engineering insurance policies through branches of Canara bank.
IOC Approves new events for 2020 Tokyo game
- the International Olympic Comittee has approves new games for the 2020 Tokyo games,including a number of mixed gender competitions.
- The additions include a mixed team even for judo.Table tennis will also get a mixed doubles competition.
Eminent rights activist Mehrunnisa Dalwai passes away
- Mehrunnisa Dalwai,a noted social activist and author and wife of Hamid Dalwai,passes away. She was 87.
- “Mi Bharun Pawle”,her autobiography is considered an inspirational piece for progressive movement.
Microsoft signs agreement to acquire Israeli security firm Hexadite
i. Ransomware attacks have prompted Microsoft to sign an agreement to acquire Hexadite.
ii. This deal cost $100 million. Hexadite is an Israeli startup that uses Artificial Intelligence to identify and protect against cyber attacks.
The government has set up 18 sectoral groups for smooth GST rollout
i. The government has set up 18 sectoral groups, comprising senior members from the Centre and the States, to ensure the smooth rollout of the Goods and Services Tax.
ii. The 18 groups pertain to sectors such as banking and insurance, textiles, exports, information technology, transport, and oil and gas.