Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
30 September 2017 – Current Affairs
President Ram Nath Kovind appoints governors for five states
1.Governor of Assam Banwarilal Purohit will now be the new Governor of Tamil Nadu, former Union Minister Satya Pal Malik will be new Governor of Bihar. Prof Jagdish Mukhi, Lt. Governor of Andaman and Nicobar will replace Banwarilal Purohit as the Governor of Assam. Admiral (Retd) Devendra Kumar Joshi will replace Prof. Mukhi as the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar.
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Lieutenant Governor in Union Territories and Governors in five states. Retired Brigadier BD Mishra has been appointed as the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh and Ganga Prasad as Governor of Meghalaya.
Interest Rates will remain unchanged for Small Savings Schemes like PPF, Kisan Vikas Patra and Sukanya Samriddhi
1.Interest Rates will remain unchanged for Small Savings Schemes like PPF, Kisan Vikas Patra and Sukanya Samriddhi for the October-December quarter.Investments in the Public Provident Fund (PPF) scheme will give an annual return of 7.8 percent while Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) will give a return of 7.5 percent and maturity in 115 months.
2. Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme for girl child savings will yield 8.3 percent annually. Similarly, the investment on Senior Citizens Savings Scheme will give 8.3 percent in 5 years. The interest on the senior citizen’s scheme is paid every 3 months.
Aeris Communication ties up with BSNL for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
1. Aeris Communications has joined hands with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to provide packaged Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and services to medium, small businesses and public sector undertakings (PSUs) in India.
2. The company will make use of BSNL’s wide network coverage, to provide a High-end, extensive IoT services platform for service providers, enterprises and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
The U.S. has Fined HSBC with a 175$ million for Lax FOREX oversight
1. The US central bank has put a fine on global banking giant HSBC $175 million because it failed to oversee foreign exchange traders who misused confidential information of clients. The bank failed to detect indiscipline by senior traders, including its global head of foreign exchange cash trading, according to the Federal Reserve.
2.The enforcement action comes two months later the Fed and has also fined BNP Paribas with USD 246 million for similar violations. HSBC was one of six major European and US banks which was fined a total of $4.2 billion by global regulators in a November 2014 to attempt manipulation of the foreign exchange market.
Veteran Actor Tom Alter Dies
1.The Veteran film, television and theatre actor and Padma Shri winner Tom Alter dies at 67. The renowned actor and one-time sports author and writer had been struggling stage four skin cancer.
2. Alter acted in over 300 movies apart from numerous TV shows, most famously as the gangster Keshav Kalsi in the hit soap opera Junoon which ran for a record five years during the 1990s. In addition to acting, Alter also ventured into direction and was a sports journalist in the 80s and 90s. Alter has written three books, two fiction, and one non-fiction.In 2008 he was awarded the Padma Shri by the Indian government in recognition for his services to the field of arts and cinema.