Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
30 August 2017 – Current Affairs
PM Narendra modi will attend the BRICS summit in China
1.The prime minister of of India Narendra Modi will attend the 9th BRICS summit in China from 3rd to 5th September and then will visit Myanmar from 5th to 7th September.
2. This will be his first visit to Myanmar.
Rajnath Singh inaugurated YUVA-a skill development program of the Delhi police
1. YUVA is a skill development program initiated by the Delhi police under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna.
2. The Delhi police has tied up with the NSDC(National skill development Corporation) and Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) to provide skill based courses and relevant certificates that can help youth to get a job.
UP Government has decided to end interview for government jobs
1. The UP Cabinet chaired by CM Yogi Adityanath has taken the decision to not hold interviews for state Government group B,C and D posts.
2. This decision has been taken to ensure transparency in recruitment.Non-gazetted class II to IV will not have interview while gazetted class II officers will have interview.
Fourth Indo-Tanzania Joint Trade committee held
1.The joint trade committee (JTC) between India and Tanzania held in New Delhi.
2.The Indian delegation was led by Ms.Nirmala Sitharaman and the Tanzanian delegation was led by Mr.Charles John Mwijage.Tanzania is among top 5 destinations of India with an investment of 2.2$ million.
Sri-lankan selection panel headed by Sanath Jayasuriya stepped down
1.The Sri Lankan selection committee headed by Sanath Jayasuriya resigns due to Sri Lanka’s poor performance against India.
2. Sri lanka lost the test series by 3-0 and the 5-match ODI series headed by Virat Kohli.
IAEA opens low enriched Uranium bank in Kazakhstan
1. The International atomic energy Agency has decided to open a low enriched Uranium bank in Kazakhstan.
2. It can store 90 tons of low enriched Uranium which is an essential fuel for light water nuclear reactors.
Canara HSBC Oriental life insurance company(CHOICE) launches PoS easy bima plan
1.The Canara HSBC has launched their first PoS product focussed at the Mass Market segment and is a pure term insurance plan.
2.This product was launched in rural branches of Canara bank but it will be available in bank branches of canara and oriental insurance in two months time.
NTPC signs a 3000-crore term loan pact with ICICI
1.NTPC has signed a loan of 15 years tenure of 3000-crore with ICICI bank for its capital expenditure.
2.NTPC commissioned 3,845 mw capacity and added 2,190 mw to its commercial capacity during 2016-17.
Freyr energy,a solar energy services company ties up with Axis bank
1.The solar energy provider company has tied up with Axis bank to give loans ranging from 5 lakh to 50 lacs for solar installations in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
2.The loans will be given to small medium enterprises and self-employed individuals to install Freyr solar plants.
NITI Aayog announce 12 winners of the Women transforming india awards 2017
1.Minister of textiles,information and broadcasting Smriti Irani presented the awards to the winners.
2.This awards have been started on woman’s day 8th march to collect lesser known stories of women bringing change.This initiative has been launched by NITI aayog in in partnership with UN for India and MyGov.