Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
28 August 2017 – Current Affairs
India and China withdraw their troops; agreed to disengage at Doklam
1. India and China agreed to withdraw their troops from Doklam bringing an end to the 70-day long bitter stand-off in the Sikkim section border area.
2. India said this decision has been reached by diplomatic talks.The standoff had started after India objected to China constructing a road in the disputed area.
Dipak Misra become the 45th chief justice of India
1. Dipak Misra was sworn in as the 45th Chief Justice of India at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in a brief ceremony and his oath was registered by President Ramnath Kovind.
2. J.S. Khehar, the former Chief Justice, whose retirement followed Dipak Misra being sworn in.He is 64 and will assume the office for about 14 months till 2nd October 2018.
Union government has restricted the import of gold and silver from South Korea
1.The Director General of Foreign Trade(DGFT) in the Union Commerce Ministry issued restrictions on imports of gold and silver from South Korea.
2. The decision was made to check the sudden rise of imports of precious metals from the country.The importers now have to obtain a license from the DGFT for importing gold and silver from South Korea.
External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj to attend two-day Indian ocean conference in Colombo
1.The Indian ocean conference has a participation from 35 countries and speakers from 25 countries.
2.After the retirement of S K Bhagat in June 2017, the additional charge of DG, RPF, was being handled by National Security Guard (NSG) DG, Sudhir Pratap Singh. Kumar will retire on September 30, 2018.
Central database of insurance sales persons launched by IRDAI
1.The Central Database of all Insurance Sales Persons in the country has been launched by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
2. The database has been named “Envoy” and it will ensure that all licensed insurance sales persons working for insurers and intermediaries including insurance agents, broker qualified persons, specified persons of corporate agents do not work with multiple insurers and intermediaries.
UN reported the island of Tuvalu as world’s least visited country
1. The island of Tuvalu was the least visited country according to United Nations World tourism organization(UNWTO).
2. 2000 people visited Tuvalu in 2016 and it has a population of 11000 people.
Bharti Airtel parters with Symantec corp
1.Bharti airtel, India’s largest telecom service provider ties up with Symantec corp, a leading cyber security company.
2.Symantec will provide security and protection from online threats in this digitally connected world.
Belgian grand Prix won by Hamilton
1.Formula one racer Lewis Hamilton won his 58th career win after claiming the Belgian grand Prix title.
2.Sebastian Vettel came second while daniel Ricardo came third.
PV Sindhu wins silver at the world badminton championship 2017
1.PV Sindhu won a silver medal at the badminton championship 2017 and lost the match against Nozomi Okuhara in Glasgow in Scotland.
2.For India, it is still special as Saina Nehwal won bronze and Sindhu silver.
Baba Ram Rahim sentenced 10 years in jail
1.Dera sacha sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced 10 years of imprisonment by Judge Jagdeep Singh.
2.He was convicted in case of rape of a 15-year old girl and sexual exploitation case.