Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
28 & 29 October 2017 – Current Affairs
HOSTAC to strengthen maritime security between India & US
1.HOSTAC(Helicopter Operations from Ships Other Than Aircraft Carriers)-A program to strengthen Maritime security between India & US decided to be implemented.
2.A decision on the rules-based international order was taken US Defence minister Jim Mattis & Indian minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Philippines.
Jacinda Ardern the new Prime Minister of New Zealand
1.Jacinda Ardern,37, has become the youngest Prime Minister of New Zealand in 150 years.
2. This was the first time after 1996 that New Zealand followed the system of proportional voting.
Reliance Industries Limited becomes the first company from India to surpass market capital over Rs.6 Trillion
1. A sudden increase in the shares of Reliance Industries Ltd(RIL) has made it the first Indian company to have a Market capital of over Rs.6 Trillion.
2.The Current market capital of the company is 6.02 Trillion and it has been predicted that the company profitability will improve further.
SAP has launched the first SAP Leonardo Center in Bengaluru in the region of Asia Pacific Japan(APJ)
1. SAP, the Indian tech major launched the first Leonardo Center in Bengaluru in the Asia Pacific Japan(APJ) region.
2.Other SAP Leonardo centers are in US-New York, France-Paris, and Brazil-Sao Leopoldo.
ISSF World Cup final won by Amanpreet Singh(Bronze)
1.In his first game, Amanpreet Singh won the bronze medal in the world cup final of ISSF World Cup final.
2.He won the bronze in the 50m pistol event.
Sangram bags silver in the ISSF World Cup Final
1. Sangram Dahiya won Silver in the International Shooting Sports Federation tournament, New Delhi in the double trap category.
2. It was his first time of taking part in the tournament.
With 9000 runs in the ODI, Virat Kohli become the Fastest Batsmen
1.Virat Kohli scored his 32nd ODI Century in 96 balls in the ODI against New-Zealand and became the sixth Indian to score 9000 ODI runs.
Apart from Virat Kohli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and Mohammad Azharuddin have reached this milestone earlier in their respective careers.
Barsana & Vrindavan in Mathura declared as sacred sites
1.The government of Uttar Pradesh passed an order informing that town of Vrindavan and Barsana in Mathura district will be “pavitra teerth sthals (sacred sites of pilgrimage)”. No meat and liquor shops will be permitted in these towns anymore.
2. Avnish Kumar Awasthi, the principal secretary has passed an order to close down any liquor shops or meat shops in these areas.
Govt.of Karnataka inks an MOU with Microsoft
The Government of Karnataka declared signing an MOU with the Microsoft to provide Technological Solutions to the small farmers in order to empower them.
2.The Department of Agriculture and Karnataka Agriculture Price Commission will experiment under the MOU to alleviate price forecasting models to help farmers.
The first Hydrogen Tram begins in China
1. The world’s first electric Tram using Hydrogen Fuel cells was started in China.
2.This is a big step towards the use of green energy in Public Transport.Water will be the only form of emission from the tram with no pollutants.