Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
26 October 2017 – Current Affairs
PM Modi inaugurated a Consumer Protection Conference
1.The first global conference on consumer protection was inaugurated by the Prime Minister in New Delhi.
2.Twenty-two countries including China, Singapore, Bangladesh ,South Korea, and Sri Lanka are participating in this conference.
LOI given to seven companies for fourteen monuments under the “Adopt a Heritage Scheme”
1.Seven companies had been shortlisted to take care of fourteen monuments under the Adopt a Heritage Scheme at the Rajpath Lawns New Delhi on the conclusion of Paryatan Parv.
2. These companies will be “Monument Mitras”.
Gujarat elections to be held from 9th to 14th December
1. The Chief Election Commissioner A.K.Joti announced that the Gujarat assembly elections will take place from 9th to 14th December for 182 seats.
2.The polls for 89 seats will occur in the first phase and the other 93 in the second phase.
Ashraf Ghani-the president of Afganistan on a visit to India
1. The President of Afganistan Ashraf Ghani is on a visit to IUndia and met the PM Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind.
2.The Indian administration put an emphasis on an Afghan-controlled,Afghan-led and Afghan-owned reconciliation.
The forum on 3rd Global Investors Forum held in New Delhi
1.Shri R.K.Singh,the union minister of State power & renewable energy addressed the third forum on Global Investors.
2.The theme of the forum is ‘Ideate, Innovate, Implement and Invest in India’ and it will focus on generation and distribution of electricity in the country.
SBI lowered IMPS charges upto 80%
1. The State Bank of India has decided to reduce Immediate Payment Service charges(IMPS) by 80% so now consumers will have to pay 80% lesser charges if they make online payment by selecting IMPS mode.
2. Online transactions will become cheaper after the revision of charges.
Couple from India get US award for AIDS Research
1.Professors Salim Abdool Karim and Quarraisha Abdool Karim,Researchers from South Africa and belonging to India were honored by the Institute for Human Virology (IHV) in Baltimore, US for their contribution in the field of HIV/AIDS.
2.They were honed at the 19th International meeting of HIV by Robert Gallo,discoverer of HIV virus as the cause for AIDS.
L&T honored with the CII award
1.The L&T,a leading Engineering services company awarded the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) Industrial Innovation award,2017.
The award was conferred as a recognition of the company as one of the most innovative Indian Companies in the services category.
Virat Kohli is ahead of Linel Messi in the Forbes List
The INdian Captain Virat Kohli is ahead of LIonel Messi in Brand Value by $1 million and occupied the 7th spot in the top 10 list.
2.The brand value is a sportsperson’s earnings (excluding salary and all investment income), substraction of the average income of the top 10 athletes in the same sport.
India has the 3rd largest number of family-owned businesses
1. China has the greatest number of family owned businesses with a number of 167,US has 121 with second position while India has 108 businesses owned by family.
2.This list has been prepared under the CS Family 1000 report by the Credit Suisse Research Institute’s (CSRI).