Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
25 September 2017 – Current Affairs
Yogi Adityanath announced the release of 100 prisoners on the birth century of Pundit Deendayal Upadhyaya
1. The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh- Yogi Adityanath announced the release of 100 prisoners from different jails all over the state on the 100th birth anniversary of Pundit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
2. The inmates will be released from jails in Lucknow, Varanasi,Bareilly, Faizabad, Mathura,Banda, Agra, Kanpur, Naini, Aligarh, Mirzapur, Orai, Hardoi, Maharajganj, Bahraich, Saharanpur and Gorakhpur jails, Fatehgarh, Naini and Gorakhpur jails
C.N.R. Rao to be conferred the Von Hippel Award 2017
1. The famous scientist and Bharat Ratna winner Professor CNR Rao will be honored with the Von Hippel Award 2017, the highest award in Materials Research.
2. Rao has mainly worked in solid-state & structural Chemistry.He has worked in Nanomaterials like graphene, superconductivity, magnetoresistance and 2D materials at Boston.
Australia declares a new space centre to be agency to be developed
1. As an objective to develop the country’s domestic space industry,Australia announced the establishment of a new space agency.
2. The minister of Training & Education Simon Birmingham made the declaration at the International Astronautical Congress.The world space sector has been expanding at compound annual growth rate of 9.52 percent from 1998 to 2015.
Rajiv Mehrishi becomes the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
1. Rajiv Mehrishi Takes oath as the new Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
2.The Previous CAG was Shashi Kant Sharma.Rajiv will hold the position for three years.
India secured four more medals at the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
1.India got four more medals at the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
2. Sajan Prakash won silver in the Men’s 100-metre Butterfly event.India is at 11th position in the medals tally with 5 gold, 7 silver, and 7 bronze.
Angela Markel becomes the Chancellor of Germany for the 4th term
1. Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in Germany elections that raised the far-right party Alternative for Germany into parliament for the first time since the immediate aftermath World War II.
2. Her rivals, Martin Schulz of the Social Democrats came in the second position with a post-war record low 20 percent.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi initiated “Hunar Haat” in Puducherry
1.The minister of Minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated the Hunar hub across the nation to provide a platfoprm to craftsmen and artisans from various states including Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi,West Bengal, Puducherry, Kerala, Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Bihar, Nagaland and Andhra Pradesh will be showcasing their talent.
2.An E-Portal will be prepared on which these artisans and craftsmen will register in order to sell their products.
PM Modi announces “Power for All” scheme
1.The “Power for All” scheme has been launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.All rural areas are expected to be electrified by December end.
2.The ONGC corporate office was renamed to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Urja Bhawan from Rajiv Gandhi Urja Bhawan
China has banned exports of some petroleum products to North Korea
1.China has banned exports of some of the key petroleum products to North Korea and as well as imports of textiles from the North, as a result of the UN Security Council resolution, passed after the latest nuclear test in Pyongyang.
2.The USA and South Korea are still at war with North Korea because of the 1950-53 Korean dispute which ended with a ceasefire and not a treaty of peace.
Sports Ministry nominated PV Sindhu for Padma Bhushan Award
1. Sports ministry has recommended PV Sindhu the olympic silver medalist for the padma bhushan award.
2.She has already won the Padma Shri.She is the first Indian to win the Korea Open Superseries.