Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
23 September 2017 – Current Affairs
LPG Panchayat will be hosted by Dharmendra Pradhan in Gandhinagar
1. The Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas- Dharmendra Pradhan will initiate one of the most powerful programmes of the center – The LPG panchayat to encourage the rural population to use clean fuel.
2. He will lead the discussions between the women using LPG under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna and the LPG companies.This is the first time an LPG Panchayat is being held.The aim is to provide 5 crore connections till 2019 till now 3 crores have been provided.
Indian Bond Index series introduced by SBI in London
1. SBI has collaborated with the Global Index Provider Financial Times Stock Exchange, FTSE 100 which will give the instrument to investors in the UK, India to inspect the Government bonds market in India and increase growth in the market.
2. The index was launched in partnership with the London Stock Exchange Ensuring the transparency of the international investors.
The Government launched a Cancer Sensitising programme for women
1. Anupriya Patel, the state minister of health and family welfare initiated a National health campaign to raise awareness among women for the early diagnosis, Prevention, and treatment of cancer.
2. The campaign was launched in a joint partnership of the Apollo hospitals group and FICCI Ladies Organisation(FLO) and the theme was “Nurturing the Nurturer”.
Balraj Joshi is the new NHPC chairman
1. Balraj Joshi ,the former technical director of the organization has been appointed as the Chairman cum Managing Director(CMD) of NHPC,the leading Hydro electric beneficiary.
2.The former Director of finance at the Container Corporation of India Limited, P.Alli.Rani has been appointed as the CMD of Cotton Corporation of India for 5 years.
Dabur Partners with Amazon to market Ayurvedic products
1.Dabur India has partnered with Amazon, the largest e-commerce platform in India to sell all ayurvedic brands & products in the country.
2. The platform to sell ayurvedic products will be provided by Amazon India and the products and content by Dabur.It will provide people a greater understanding of ayurvedic products to use for treatment of various diseases.
PM has launched a postage stamp with image of Lord Ram in Varanasi
1. Shri. Narendra Modi launched a postage stamp containing different life events of Lord Ram in Tulsi Manas Mandir Varanasi.
2. The Tulsi Manas Mandir holds great value in the Historic eminence as it is believed that the Ramcharitmanas was written by Tulsidas in Varanasi.
Asian Development Bank has sanctioned a loan of 300$ million to West Bengal
1.The Asian Development Bank(ADB), has decided to grant a 300$ million loan to West Bengal to bring about fiscal reforms.
2.Earlier in 2012, the state had received a financial aid of 400$ million from ADB to expand the spending choices of the government to bring about a higher Government investment in the state.
The Indian tea for FIFA Under-17 declared
1.The first team from India to take part in the Under-17 FIFA world cup declared.
2.21 Players will be part of the World Cup Team including- Jitendra Singh,
Dheeraj Singh, Prabhsukhan Gill, Sunny Dhaliwal, Anwar Ali,
Boris Singh, Sanjeev Stalin, and Hendry Antony.
Australian & China’s Joint Military exercise was concluded in Kunming
1.TheJoint military exercise of Australia & China called Panda-Kangaroo 2017
was concluded on the September 20 & it had started on September 10.
2.The Military exercise was being done in Kunming,The capital of the South-West Province Yunnan.
Hui Ka Yan,The real estate developer in China become Asia’s richest man
1. Hui Ka Yan, the chairman of Evergrande Group, the real estate giant in China has become Asia’s richest man according to Forbes Real-time billionaires list.
2.His Net Worth is estimated to be $41.1 billion and ranks No.15 globally.