Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
20 September 2017 – Current Affairs
India will conduct the first BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise from 10th October to 13th October
1. The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the leading organization from October 10th to 13th, 2017 in Delhi and NCR.
2. It is a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), coordination and strengthening regional response for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC members.
Akshay Kumar appointed as the brand ambassador for Uttarakhand Swatch Bharat Mission
1. The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat announced Akshay kumar as the Brand ambassador for the state’s Swatch Bharat Mission.
2.Earlier in August 2017, he was made the brand ambassador for cleanliness mission in Uttar Pradesh and his movie “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha” was made tax-free in the state.
Three Indian entrepreneurs in the list ‘100 Greatest Living Business Minds”.
1. The Special List released by Forbes of the world’s ‘100 Greatest Living Business Minds” includes 3 legendary Indian entrepreneurs Ratan Tata, Vinod Khosla and Lakshmi Mittal.
2. The other people on the list include Oprah Winfrey, Ted Turner, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg.
Ajay Bisaria has been appointed by India as its New High Commissioner to Pakistan
1. Ajay Bisaria will be the new High Commissioner to Pakistan from India.He was earlier serving as India’s envoy to Poland.He will be replacing Gautam Bambawale who will now lead Indian mission in China.
2.This shuffling was done because the former ambassador to China Vijay Gokhale was to be appointed as Economic Relation secretary in the MEA.
Tata Steel signs an MOU with the German company ThyssenKrupp
1.Tata Steel and ThyssenKrupp of Germany have signed an MOU that will create the largest European steel Joint Ventures.
2. The two companies had been in discussions for the merger since a year.They will form a 50:50 joint venture which will lead to great amount of cost savings for both the companies.
Puducherry government to ban plastic materials of less than 51 microns
1. The government of Puducherry has decided to ban plastic packaging materials of less than 51 microns because it is considered to be harmful to health and causes a great deal of problems during monsoons.
2. M Kandasamy, the welfare and health minister informed the departments managing solid waste that the decision will be implemented within six months.The government has instructed shop and restaurant owners to not use butter papers and newspapers to wrap food items.
Zero Hunger Programme to be launched by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in October
1.India’s Zero Hunger Programme will be launched by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) on the World food Day 16th October with the focus on nutrition, agriculture and health.
2.The program will be launched in three districts- Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh), Koraput (Odisha) and Thane (Maharashtra).
M S Dhoni nominated for Padma Bhushan Award by BCCI
1.The Indian board for Cricket, BCCI has nominated MS Dhoni for the country’s third highest honor-the Padma Bhushan for his contribution to Cricket.
2.The BCCI has not sent any other names for the award this year and they said that this was board’s collective decision.
The Union government will launch a mobile app for its retired staff to monitor pension settlement cases
Union Government will launch a
mobile application for its employees to help them to keep tabs on the progress of their pension settlement cases.
2.Dr. Jitendra Singh , the Minister of State for Public Grievances and Pensions will launch the app in New Delhi.He will also inaugurate the Pension Adalat.