Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
18 September 2017 – Current Affairs
Rajnath Singh Launched an Intelligence wing of the Sashastra Seema Bal(SSB)
1. The Ministry of Home Affairs launched an intelligence wing of the Sashastra Seema Bal which will be fully ready to take an action.The intelligence wing will gather information in order to increase its overall performance.
2. The Nepal and Bhutan borders are guarded by the Paramilitary force because many Criminals and Kashmiri militants are able to enter India through those borders due to the Visa-free regime.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj attends UNGA meeting in New York
1. External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj is in New York to attend the annual UNGA session.She started off with a trilateral meeting with the Foreign minister of Japan, Fumio Kishida. and US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
2.She has five other meetings scheduled- meeting with the PM of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay, foreign ministers Khemaies Jhinaoui from Tunisia, Edgars Rinkevics from Latvia, Anders Samuelsen from Denmark and Fernando Huanacuni Mamani from Bolivia.
Narendra Modi inaugurated the Sardar Sarovar Dam
1. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated the Sardar Sarovar Dam, Country’s biggest and world’s second biggest dam situated in Gujarat and built on the River Narmada.
2. The dam is 1.2 km long and 163 meters in depth and will irrigate a major part of Gujarat through the Sardar Sarovar Nigam Limited(SSNL).It is being called the lifeline of Gujarat.
Russia and Iraq decide to restart airline services between the two after a 13-year Stop
Russia and Iraq decided to restart their air services between the two countries with a plane from Iraqi Airways plane leaving for Moscow from Baghdad.
2.Commercial Air services were quit since 2004 and no planes were allowed to fly between Russia and Iraq due to the US invasion in 2003 which dragged Iraq into war.
Indian railways issues a circular to cut down sleeping hours for passengers
1.The Railway board was issued a circular stating that now passengers traveling in reserved coaches can sleep between 10 pm to 6 am. so that others can sit after this duration.
2. Earlier before that issuance of this circular, the sleeping time permitted was from 9 pm to 6 am.
NASA’s spacecraft Cassini ended its 20-year long journey
1. The National Aeronautics and space administration(NASA) spacecraft Cassini which was worth 3.9 billion dollars ended its 20 years long journey by declining into the atmosphere of Saturn.
2. The missile can target a high-speed target in a short range and can target up to 20 km in tail-chase mode and long range, up to 80 km in head-on chase mode.
Amazon has tied up with Bank of Baroda to provide micro-loans to sellers
1.Amazon has come together with Bank of Baroda to provide loans to sellers up to 25 lacs.
2.Amazon has partnered with the bank of Baroda to provide micro-loans of amounts as low as 1 lakh and at rates of interest 10.45-11 percent in a period of 3 to 5 days.
Google launches the Mobile wallets and UPI-based digital payments app TEZ in India
1.Google launched its UPI(Unified payments interface) based app and mobile wallet TEZ in India which will help to pay for movie tickets, utility bills, and make other transactions online.You can even link your bank account with the app to pay for goods in physical stores and online.
2.The app is available for both IOS as well as Android.Google has partnered with several other banks including Axis bank, State bank of India, ICICI and HDFC Bank.
Airtel Payments bank becomes the first payments bank to launch the UPI based payment services on its digital platform
The Airtel Payments Bank, headed by Sunit Mittal started the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) to make digital payments, enabling convenience to customers to make secure digital payments.
2.The customers are not required to give out their bank details to make UPI-based payments and transfers. To make transactions they can simply create easy to remember IDs which ensures total data security.Customers can also link their Airtel Payments Bank savings accounts to any of their UPI handles such as BHIM or UPI of other banks.
PV Sindhu wins Gold at the Korean Open Superseries
1.PV Sindhu became the first Indian to win women’s singles title at the Korean open Superseries in Seoul.
2. She defeated Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara, the Winner of gold in the world champion.