Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
16 & 17 September 2017 – Current Affairs
India signs a loan pact with Japan
1. The Government of India signed a loan pact of $76 million with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for a project to improve the environmental management plan at Alang-Sosiya ship recycling yards.
2. The project is worth a total of $ 111 million, out of which $76 million will be provided as a soft loan from JICA. The project will be executed by Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) and is likely to be completed by 2022.
India’s Forest reserves rose to 400$ billion for the first time
1. According to the RBI records, India’s foreign-exchange reserves increased more than $400 billion for the first time ever, toughening policymakers’ safeguarding ahead of an expected reduction in US stimulus.
2.Even if global fund turns away from India, this amount of FOREX will help reduce the volatility of rupee in the global market.
According to BrandZ Top 50 Report, HDFC Bank is India’s Top brand
1. According to a report released by marketing and advertising partners, WPP PLC and Kantar Millward Brown, India’s become largest private bank HDFC bank has been given the top spot among a list of top 50 brands.
2. Airtel got the second spot on the list and SBI got the third spot.Aditya Puri is the CEO of HDFC bank and its headquarters are in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Nepal begins survey to remeasure Mount Everest
Nepal has begun its survey(first-ever) to measure the height of the tallest peak, Mount Everest to check if its height was altered due to the 7.8 magnitude earthquake in 2015.
2.The Himalayas official Height is 8848 meters when first recorded by the survey of India in 1954.It lies in the Mahalangue Himalaya sub-range.
IUCN takes off the snow leopard off the endangered list
1.The international union for the conservation of nature(IUCN) has decided to take off the snow leopard off the list of endangered species.It was included in 1972.Now the IUCN has decided to place the animal under the less-threatened vulnerable category.
2. To be included in the list of endangered species, an animal needs to have an adult population of lesser than 2500 adults with a decline rate of 20% over 16 years.
Indian Air Force(IAF) completes development trials of air-to-air Missile Astra
1. The AIF successfully completed trials of the Air-to-air missile Astra with the help of test firing it from a Su-30 fighter aircraft at the Bay of Bengal off the Odisha coast.
2. The missile can target a high-speed target in a short range and can target up to 20 km in tail-chase mode and long range, up to 80 km in head-on chase mode.
16th September-International day for the preservation of Ozone layer
1.The international day for Ozone layer preservation is celebrated every year on 16th September.This year’s theme is “caring for all life under the sun”.
2.As part of the 30th-anniversary celebrations of the Montreal Protocol, the Ozone secretariat launched a campaign on social media as #OzoneHeroes ahead of World Ozone Day.
MPEDA secures the Rajbhaasha keerti award
1.The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) has secured the Rajbhasha keerti award for the third time in a row.The chairman of MPEDA received the award from the President of India, Ramnath Kovind.
has been conferred this award for the best implementation of official language in the organization.
The global diversity award has been given to Salman Khan at the house of Commons
Salman khan bags the global diversity awards at the House of Commons in Britain.
2.Keith Vaz, the longest-serving Asian MP in British parliament gave away this award to Salman Khan.
PV Sindhu wins the Korean Open Superseries
1.PV Sindhu became the first Indian to win the Korean open Superseries title.
2. She defeated Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara, the Winner of gold in the world champion.
Former Indian Captain, MS Dhoni completes 100 fifties in international cricket
1.In the first ODI against Australia in Chennai today, Mahendra Singh Dhoni completed his 100 fifties in International cricket.
2.Dhoni is the 14th batsman to reach this milestone, Sachin Tendulkar has a record of 164 fifties in international cricket.
PM Modi’s 67th birthday: BJP to observe Sewa Divas(Day of Service)
1.The Bhartiya Janta Party is observing the Sewa Divas(Day of Service) celebrate the 67th Birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi all across the country.
2.All the party members and leaders will take part in blood donation camps and cleanliness drives all day long.