Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
15 September 2017 – Current Affairs
15th September: International Day of Democracy
1. The international day of democracy is celebrated on the 15th of September across the world by the U.N.O.
2. This year’s theme is ‘Democracy and Conflict prevention’ which concentrates on the dire to toughen democratic institutions to promote peace and stability. It is organized by the United Nations.
India celebrates National Engineer’s day of September 15
1. The Indian nation celebrates Engineer’s Day to mark the 156th birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya, one of the greatest engineers India produced and a person behind many iconic constructions in India.
2.He began his career as an assistant engineer in 1884 in Mumbai in the PWD department.He built several projects related to maintenance of public buildings, road construction and development projects in the city.
“Wood is Good” campaign launched by the government
1. A two-day conference on “Sustainable landscapes and forest ecosystems: Theory to Practice” was inaugurated by the Environmental minister Dr.Harsh Vardhan.
2. The wood is good campaign was initiated by Dr.Harsh Vardhan in this conference.Wood has zero carbon-print hence is an eco-friendly and renewable source of energy.
Operation insaniyat launched by India to help Bangladesh
India has begun the “operation insaniyat” to help Bangladesh because of the crisis being faced by the country due to the large entry of Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar.
The first share of India’s aid for the Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh arrived and was handed over by the Indian envoy Harsh Vardhan Sringla to the General Secretary of ruling Awami League, Obaidul Quader.
Corporate affairs Ministry signs MOU with Central Board for Direct Taxes
1.The ministry of corporate affairs signed an MOU with the central board of direct taxes(CBDT) to exchange information of shell corporations on a regular and automatic basis to stop the acts of tax evasion, money laundering and accumulation of black money in the country.
2. The MoU aims at sharing of information such as PAN number in respect of companies, Income Tax returns of companies, financial statements filed with the Registrar by companies, audit reports and financial transaction statements received from banks.
Google will launch mobile payment services in India
1. Google is all set to launch a Unified Payments Interface service called Google Tez which will also include mobile wallets like Paytm and Mobikwik.
2. The NPCI(National Payments Corporation of India) said that Google has tested the payment service and was waiting for permission from the RBI before unveiling it.
President Ramnath Kovind to start a nation-wide campaign in Kanpur on Cleanliness
1.Ramnath Kovind will start a nationwide pledge on Swatchta hi Sewa to administer an oath on cleanliness to raise awareness in 2 lakh 50 thousand gram panchayats and cities in India.
2.This is to help start a movement and materialise Mahatma Gandhi’s mission of a clean India.
Indian Olympic Association gave Goa the permission to hot 36th national games
1.The state sports minister Manohar Ajgaonkar. made a formal announcement on behalf of Indian Olympic Association that Goa will host the 36th national games.
IOA Secretary General Rajeev Mehta wrote a letter to the CM Manohar Parrikar stating Goa will host the event in November 2017.
Women boxing’s first foreign coach resigns within a month.
India’s first foreign coach for women boxers, Stephane Cottalorda resigns within a month stating late salary and delay in other payments as the reason.
2.Cottalorda stated “lack of professionalism” on the part of Boxing Federation of India(BFI) in his resignation letter and stated he had not been paid full salary in the first month itself.
Maria Sharapova’s book “Unstoppable: My Life so far” unveiled
1.The book describes Maria’s rise from being a nobody to a top tennis star and the never-ending struggle to be on top.
2. The Book describes how seventeen-year-old Maria Sharapova became a star overnight after defeating Serena Williams.