বাংলা English हिन्दी नेपाली ਪੰਜਾਬੀ සිංහල தமிழ் తెలుగు

New Sarkari Jobs

Latest Current Affairs Till 14 Sep 17

 Posted On : September 15, 2017

Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com

 

14 September 2017 – Current Affairs

 

The PM of Japan Shinzo Abe and Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for India’s first bullet train

1. Prime minister Mr.Narendra Modi received Japan PM Shinzo Abe at Ahmedabad who is on a two-day visit to India to attend the India-Japan annual Summit.He also visited the Sabarmati ashram with the PM.
2. They Inaugurated together the 508-km long Mumbai Ahmedabad high-speed rail in Ahmedabad.

India ranked 103 in the Global Human Capital Index: Norway stands 1st
1. In a list released by the world economic forum on the Global Human Capital Index, Norway was ranked top and India has been ranked 103rd which is on the lower end.

2.In a list of 130 countries,India has been ranked the lowest among other BRICS countries.The list is based on the “Knowledge and skills possessed by the people to create value in the global economy.”

 

Hindi Diwas celebrated on 14th September

1. Hindi Diwas is celebrated every year on the 14th of September.It is mostly sponsored by the Central Government of India.

2. The Hindi Diwas was started as an occasion in 1949 when on 14th September, Hindi language in Devanagari script was adopted as the official language of Indian Constitution.

Force motors and Rolls Royce power enter into a joint venture

1. Force Motors Ltd, a Pune-based auto firm has entered into a joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems to produce engines for power generation,rail application and complete power generation systems.

2.This joint venture will be the company’s first step towards stepping into the non-auto segment. In the joint venture, Force Motors will hold a 51% share and Rolls-Royce the rest 49%.

 

The U.N. secretary general appoints Peter Thomson as the first Special U.N envoy for the Oceans

1.The secretary general or the UN chief Antonio Guterres has appointed Peter Thomson(The ongoing President of the general assembly) as the first special envoy for the oceans, seeking to fuel the efforts being made to protect the world’s seas.

2. Peter Thomson played an important role at the first U.N. conference on oceans. U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric made a formal announcement about Thompson’s appointment. 

M.Nagaraj Sarna become the new chairman-cum-managing director of United India Insurance

1. M. Nagaraja Sarma chosen the new chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of the United India Insurance Co. Ltd. 

2. He is at present the general manager of the Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd(OICL).

Vijaya Bank secures the Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar award

1.Vijaya Bank has acquired the first position under the Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar (in Region C) for the year 2016-17.

2.President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the award to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, R. A. Sankara Narayanan.

 
Paris will hold the 2024 summer Olympics and Los Angeles will hold the 2028 summer Olympics
1.The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has officially announced that Paris has been assigned to host the 2024 summer Olympics and Los Angeles has been granted the 2028 edition.

2.There were no other candidates for either of the Games and the two cities had finalized a deal in advance. Paris had hosted two Olympics previously, will host the event after 100 years while Los Angeles will also host its third Games after the first in 1932 and second in 1984.

 
 
The 74th Venice film festival and awards held from 30th August to 9th September
1.The 74th annual Venice International Film Festival was held from 30 August to 9 September 2017.

2.The most significant award is the Golden Lion award at the Venice Biennale and is considered one of the most prestigious film awards, just like the Golden Palm of Cannes and the Golden Bear of Berlin.

 
 Bharti Airtel enters into partnership with SK telecom to provide advanced telecom network in India
1.Bharti Airtel has entered into a partnership with Korea based SK telecom to make use of its knowledge and expertise to build an advanced telecom network in India.

2. The two companies will also collaborate to work on the evolution of standards for 5G network.SK Telecom is the largest company in Korea covering about 50% of the market and 29 million subscribers.
 
 


 



 

Delivered by FeedBurner

Showing Comments :


FirstArlene
September 15, 2017 at 6:26 am
I have noticed you don't monetize your website, don't waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you've got hi quality content. If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for: Mrdalekjd methods for $$$