Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
13 September 2017 – Current Affairs
The PM of Japan Shinzo Abe on a two-day visit to India to attend Indo-Japan Summit
1. Prime minister Mr.Narendra Modi received Japan PM Shinzo Abe at Ahmedabad who is on a two-day visit to India to attend the India-Japan annual Summit.
2. They will also attend a Program to mark the beginning of work for India’s first high-speed rail project between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
The President of Sri-Lanka has dismissed the Deputy Tourism Minister
1. The President of Sri-Lanka Maithripala Sirisena has dismissed his Deputy Tourism Minister for disobeying the party.
2.He is the second minister to be removed By the government in less than a month.The president’s office issued a notice that Fernando has been removed from his portfolio effective immediately.
Halimah Yacob become the first Female President of Singapore
1. Halimah Yacob became the President of Singapore.She is the first female President, the first to come from Malay Ethnicity in five decades and the 8th president of Singapore.
2. She had no opponent against her so there was no election.The election commission certified Halimah as the only eligible candidate.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley constituted a Group Of Ministers to resolve IT challenges faced by GST
The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley constituted a Group Of Ministers(GOM) to resolve the IT challenges faced in implementation of GST.
2.The GOM will be headed by the Deputy CM of Bihar Sushil Kumar Modi and assisted by the chairman and CEO of the Goods and Services Tax Network.
London ranked first in the World’s Top Financial Center
1.In a survey that ranks nations on basis of their industrial professionals, London retains its first position as World’s Top Financial Center leaving behind New York and Hong Kong.
2. Despite facing uncertainty regarding its binding to Brexit, London won the survey.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) launched hackathon to promote App ideas
1. The government Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) launched Hackathon which is a nationwide “opengovdatahack” to promote fresh new talent and give an opportunity to young app developers.
2. The hackathon will be held at Jaipur, Chennai, Bhubaneswar, Noida, Patna, Hyderabad, and Surat by the Internet and Mobile Association of India(IMAI) and the National Informatics Center(NIC).
The Reserve Bank of India will launch a Rs.100 coin to honor M.G.Ramachandran’s 100th birth anniversary
1.The Reserve Bank of India will launch a Rs.100 coin to honor M.G.Ramachandran’s 100th birth anniversary as per the Ministry of finance notification.
The face of the coin will bear Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar in the center with Satyamev Jayate inscribed below on it in Devanagari script. It will also have the rupee symbol.The weight of coin will be 35 grams and on the reverse side, it will have a portrait of M.G.Ramachandran in the center.
Turkey signed a pact with Russia to buy its S-400 Missile systems
1.Turkey signed a deal with Russia to purchase its S-400 missiles as part of its first defense purchase from Moscow.
This is Ankara’s most important deal with a Non-NATO supplier.
First Transgender Clinic opened in Kerala
The Kerala government has opened the first transgender clinic at government medical college.They have planned to open transgender clinics in all government medical colleges.
2.The first clinic is to be opened at the medical college of Kottayam and it will also provide sex change operation.
Payment getaway PayU collaborates with IRCTC
1.PayU, the payment getaway provider ties up with IRCTC to provide a secure and safe environment to the users who book tickets online through IRCTC.
2. Now PayU will be available under the Multiple payment services(MPS) when you book an e-ticket on IRCTC.