Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
10 September 2017 – Current Affairs
SIM cards not linked to Aadhar will be deactivated before February 2018: Central Government
1. The central government issued a notice stating that all sim cards have to be linked to aadhar before February 2018 otherwise they will be deactivated.
2. This step is being taken in order to prevent criminals, frauds, and terrorists from using sim cards in the name of ordinary citizens.
Insurance regulatory body IRDAI permitted use of OTP to open e-insurance account
1. The Insurance regulatory development authority of India(IRDAI) has permitted the use of one-time password instead of previously used digital signature needed to open an e.insurance account.
2. As an effort to improve the insurance penetration of the country, the IRDAI has also granted permission for e-KYC by UIDAI which gives unique aadhar numbers.
10 September: World Suicide Prevention Day
1. The International Association for Suicide Prevention(IASP) organizes the world suicide prevention day every year on the 10th of September.The purpose of this day is to raise awareness that suicides can be prevented.
2. The WHO(World health organization) is the co-sponsor of the program.The theme of the event was: Take a minute, change a life.
PM Narendra Modi and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe to lay the foundation stone of the proposed bullet train
1.Pm of India Mr.Narendra Modi and Japan PM Shinzo Abe will lay the foundation stone of the bullet train on 14th September which will connect Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
2.The project costs over 1 lakh crore and is partially funded by Japan.
Two police patrolling bike squads Shakti and Garuda launched in Noida
1.Shakti is the female squad for women’s safety.
2. Garuda is the Male squad to monitor traffic in Noida and Greater Noida.
The Central ground water board(CGWB) enters into MOU with IISC Bangalore.
1. The central ground water board inked a MoU with the Indian Institute of Science(IISC), Bangalore.
2. The MoU has been signed to develop models of ground water flows and preparation of aquifer management plans.
Anti tank guided missile(ATGM) flight tested by the DRDO
1.Third generation Anti tank guided missile tested successfully by the Defence research and development organization.The missile is highly accurate.
2.The trials were done in June so it has completed its development trials.
Bharat petroleum corporation(BPCL) to gain a Maharatna status soon
1.BPCL, a state-run oil marketing company will soon become a Maharatna company.
2.It is presently a Nav Ratna company.
US open tennis:2017
It is the 137th edition of tennis’ US Open and the fourth and final Grand Slam event of the year.
- Men’s Singles winner is Rafael Nadal from Spain.
- Women’s Singles winner is Sloane Stephens from America.
- Mixed Doubles winners are Martina Hingis from Switzerland and Jamie Murray from Britain