Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
1 & 2 October 2017 – Current Affairs
The 2017 Nobel prize in medicine or physiology announced
1.The nobel assembly has decided to confer the 2017 award to the trio from America Jeffrey C. Hall,Michael W. Young and Michael Rosbash for their molecular mechanism discoveries.
2. It is the 108th time the prize has been awarded and was announced at the Nobel assembly at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. The winners will share a prize of 9 million Swedish kronor (£825,000) and each receives a medal on which their name is engraved.
Mahatma Gandhi’s 148th birth anniversary on 2nd October
1.The nation paid respect to Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd October which was the 148th birth anniversary.He was born on 2nd of October,1869 in Porbandar,Gujarat.He studied law in U.K. and practised in South Africa.
2. In his book “My experiments with truth” he ellaborated about his life,his marriage to Kasturba at 13 and his devotion to country.
International day for older persons on 1st October
1. The United nations general assembly declared 1st October as the international day for older persons on 14th December,1990.
2. The theme for this years International day for older persons is “Stepping into the Future: Tapping the Talents, Contributions and Participation of Older Persons in Society.”
The 14th summit of India and European council takes place in New Delhi
1. The 14th India-EU summit will take place on 6th of next month and will be attended by the President of European Commission Jean Claude Juncker and president of European council Donald Franciszek Tusk .
2.The summit aims at strengthening the partnership between India-EU and priority area partnership for India’s growth and development. During their visit starting from 5th of October, they will also attend India-EU Business event.
First Sikh elected as leader of a major party in Canada
1.Jagmeet Singh, a 38-year old lawyer has become the first non-white to be elected as the leader of a major political party of Canada New Democratic Party.
2. He has won by 56.3% votes and will lead the party against 2019 election against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Liberals.
Indian businessman wins the UK business award for innovations in IT solutions
1. Birendra Sasmal, an Indian entrepreneur has won the prestigious business award in UK for his contribution in providing IT solutions in Africa.
2. He received the international business person of the year award for providing it solutions in Africa.He was honored at the Asian Achievers Awards in London.
Burqa ban in Austria
1.The Austrian government has banned the use of face veils or hijabs,niqabs or burqas in order to make their Austrian citizens comfortable.This step has been taken for good conditions for cohabitation between the Austrians and people from third countries living in Austria.
2.There are 7 lakh muslims in Austria.
China’s 68th national day on 1st October 2017
1.China celebrated its 68th national day in Tian’anmen Square in beijing in a gathering of 115000 people.
2. All the major parks in Beijing were decorated and the day was celebrated with a week long holiday.