Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
09 September 2017 – Current Affairs
The fiscal deficit of our country reached 92.4% of the budget as estimated in July-end
1. India’s fiscal deficit has been estimated to be 92.4% of the budget at the end of July,i.e., Rs. 5.04 lakh crore.The fiscal deficit is the difference between expenditure and revenue.
2. During the same time in the last financial year,2016-17, it was 73.7% of the budget.The fiscal target this year is to bring down the fiscal deficit to 3.2%.
The government of Assam Inks an MOU with google to increase digital literacy in 26000 villages
1. The government of Assam signed an MOU with Google to provide the internet to 26000 villages and 1500 tea gardens in order to increase digital connectivity across the state.
2. The Secretary Information Technology Nitin Khare and Chetan Krishnaswamy, the Country Head of Google India signed the Memorandum of Understanding in the presence of Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
National security guard(NSG) organized the first National Canine Seminar
1. The first canine seminar on techniques of dog-training was organized by the NSG at the National Canine Seminar in the MSG campus located in Gurugram.It was attended by Shri Kiren Rijiju, the minister of state for home affairs.
2. The theme of the seminar was ‘Canine as Tactical Weapon in Fight against Terrorism’ in order to discuss the techniques of dog-training to fight terrorism.
First water ATM in Hyderabad commences operations
Under a joint initiative of Safe Water Network, an international NGO and Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), the first Anytime water kiosk known as water ATM was inaugurated by the Telangana State Home Minister Naini Narasimha Reddy.
2.The target is to build 200 water ATMs to cover nearly 15000 people.In the first phase, 50 water ATMs will be operationalized by 2018.
The CEO of UIDAI Mr.A.B.Pandey appointed as the provisional chairman of the GSTN
1.The chief executive officer (CEO) of the Unique Identification Authority of India’s (UIDAI), A.B. Pandey was appointed as the provisional chairman of the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN).The first chairman Navin Kumar. had completed his term.
2. The goods and services tax(GSTN) company is a private limited company providing information technology (IT) support and a portal for registration and tax returns under the GST.
The U.S. banking regulators order to shut down Pakistan’s Habib Bank.
1. Pakistan Habib Bank which has been operating in the U.S. for about 40 years has been asked by U.S. banking regulators to shut down due to not paying attention to over possible terror financing and money laundering.
2. The New York office of the bank has been asked to close down and the state’s Department of Financial Services also imposed a fine of 225 million dollars on the Habib bank.
A powerful earthquake of magnitude 8 hit the Southern Mexico
1.A powerful earthquake of magnitude 8 hit the town of Tres Picos in Chiapas in Southern Mexico.
2.A Tsunami warning was issued by the US geological survey(USGS).
Sjoerd Marijne the new coach of the Indian Men’s hockey team
1.Sjoerd Marjine is the new chief coach of the Men’s hockey team.The previous coach was Roelant Oltmans.
2.The newly appointed sports minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore announced that Harinder Singh will be the High-Performance Specialist coach of the senior women’s team.
Sonam from India wins gold in the world cadet wrestling championship
1.Sonam from India wins gold in the world cadet wrestling championship in the 43-kilogram weight category.
2.The Wrestler Neelam also bagged a Bronze Medal in the 43-kilogram weight category.