Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
04 September 2017 – Current Affairs
Ninth BRICS summit started in Xiamen, China
1.The ninth BRICS summit has started in Xiamen in China with a group photograph of the leaders of the 5 countries(Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa).Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping shook hands warmly.
2. Modi was the third to each at the convention center followed by Russian president Vladimir Putin.
Nepal has signed a 635 USD million assistance plan with UN
1. Nepal signed a package deal of 635 USD million with the United nations assistance plan to fund its development projects from 2018-2022 until the next 5 years.
2. The National Planning Commission of Nepal and the United Nations Country Team (UNCT)signed the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
Chinese President announced a funding of 80 million dollars for BRICS
1. China will give 500 million Yuan(76$ million) for technological cooperation and 4$ million for the development projects to the New development bank.
2. The announcement came when questions were being raised on relevance of BRICS and China’s cooperation in New Development Bank.
Karnataka government has launched the Aarogya Bhagya scheme
1.Karnataka government has merged all seven health schemes into one unified health scheme called aarogya bhagya which will cover all the household of the state.
2.The main theme of the scheme is “treatment first, payment next” and it will start from November 1.
Karnataka bank gets IDRBT award
1.Karnataka bank got the IDRBT award for best bank in banking technolofy excellence.
2. Mahabaleshwara, MS,MD and CEO of bank award from Sudarshan Sen.
Hyderabad airport gets the energy efficiency award
1. Hyderabad airport got the award for excellence in energy management by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
2. The event held here focused on recognizing companies that are engaged in energy efficiency initiatives and displaying commitment towards energy conservation.
Star India has got the media rights for IPL this year
1.Star India won the bid for Indian premier league’s media rights to edge out sony pictures.
The winning bid will allow Star India to air content on their properties for a period of five years (2018-2022).
Mahendra Singh Dhoni first to get 100 stumpings
1.Former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni becomes the first wicketkeeper to effect 100 stumpings in ODI matches.
2.Its was his 301st ODI in Colombo,Sri Lanka.
FIndia first visiting country to deafeat Sri Lanka with 5-0
India has whitewashed host Sri Lanka 5-nil in One Day International cricket series. By winning all the 5 games, India became the first visiting country to inflict a 5-0 defeat on Sri Lanka.
2.India had all defeated before in 3 day test series.
Pulitzer prize winning poet John Ashbery passes away.
A post-modern American trailblazer, has passed away at age of 90 in Hudson, New York
2.His 1975 article “Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror” made history when he became the only writer to earn three major accolades the same year for the same work.