Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
03 September 2017 – Current Affairs
1. Nirmala Sitharaman becomes Defence minister and Piyush Goyal becomes Rail minister
* Piyush Goyal has been appointed as the Union Railway Minister. He replaced former Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, who had earlier offered to resign following multiple train derailments
* Nirmala Sitharaman was given the Defence Ministry, becoming the only woman to hold the post after Indira Gandhi.
2. 9 new ministers included in the union cabinet
* Nine new Ministers of state were included into the Union Council of Ministers. Four Ministers of state were raised to the cabinet rank.
* Here is the list of the 9 New Ministers, who took oath-
1. Former IFS officer Hardeep Puri
2. Former Mumbai Police chief Satyapal Singh
3. Former IAS officer Alphons Kannanthanam
4. Lok Sabha MP’s from Madhya Pradesh Virendra Kumar
5. From Karnataka Anant Kumar Hegde
6. From Rajasthan Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
7. From Bihar Ashwini Kumar Choubey
8. From Bihar Raj Kumar Singh and
9. Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh Shiv Pratap Shukla
3. Government has released an alert on spread of new malware “Locky ransomware”
* Ajay Kumar, Additional Secretary of the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team. tweeted that an alert regarding spam spreading Locky Ransomware that can lock computers and demand ransom for unlocking them.
* Ransomware is a malicious software demanding a ransom of half Bitcoin, which at present rate is equivalent to over Rs 1.5 lakh.
4. Five banks of the BRICS nations sign an agreement for credit lines
* Five banks of the BRICS Bank have agreed to establish credit lines in the national currencies and cooperate on credit ratings. The agreement was signed in China’s Xiamen city.
* The agreement was signed in Beijing by the Brazilian Development Bank, Vnesh economy bank, Export-Import Bank of India, China Development Bank and Development Bank of South Africa.The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved 1.4 billion US dollar loans for sustainable development projects in India, Russia and China.
5. Chief coach Oltmans removed by Hockey India
The Hockey India removed coach Roelant Oltmans after
a series of unimpressive outings at the international level. Director David John will be in charge till a suitable replacement is found.
* The decision was taken during the three-day meeting of the Hockey India Performance and Development Committee.
6. NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson returns to earth
* Peggy Whitson ,w orld’s most experienced spacewoman, aged 57 returns to earth after 665 days in space.
* She has broken Sunita Williams’ record of most spacewalks by a woman.
7. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore named Minister of Youth affairs and sports
* Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, The Olympic silver winning shooter has been named the minister of youth affairs and sports.
* He is the first sportsperson to hold this position.