Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
23 August 2017 – Current Affairs
Forbes released the list for world’s highest paid actors 2017
1. According to the Forbes List, Rapper-turned-actor Mark Wahlberg is Hollywood’s highest-paid leading man.
2. From India, Shahrukh Khan is the highest paid actor (Rank 8) followed by Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.
3. The Top 10 Highest Paid Actors in the List are:
1. Mark Wahlberg ($68 million)
2. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson ($65 million)
3. Vin Diesel ($54.5 million)
4. Adam Sandler ($50.5 million)
5. Jackie Chan ($49 million)
6. Robert Downey, Jr. ($48 million)
7. Tom Cruise ($43 million)
8. Shah Rukh Khan ($38 million)
9. Salman Khan ($37 million)
10. Akshay Kumar ($35.5 million).
Reserve bank to issue Rs.200 notes
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to issue Rs 200 notes that will ease pressure on lower-denomination currency bills.
The new Rs 200 notes are likely to be in circulation shortly.
NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant launched the mentor India campaign in New Delhi
1. NITI Aayog launched the ‘Mentor India Campaign’. It is a strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders who can guide and mentor students at more than 900 Atal Tinkering Labs, established across the country as a part of the Atal Innovation Mission.
2.The campaign, Mentor India is aimed at maximising the impact of Atal Tinkering Labs the biggest disruption in formal education globally, wherein the idea is to engage leaders who will nurture and guide students in the Atal Tinkering Labs.
5th renewable energy technology Congress held in New Delhi
1. Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, Renewable Energy and Mines, Shri Piyush Goyal, addressed the 3-day 8th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress in New Delhi.
2. The annual conference is visualized and planned in the backdrop of India’s vision of achieving “Energy Independence and Power for all by 2022”. The theme of the conference was “Renewable Energy: What Works”.
Railway board chairman Ashok Mittal resigns
1. Ashok Mittal, Chairman of the Railway Board submitted his resignation to Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. His resignation comes in the wake of a number of a high-profile accidents and derailments on the Indian Railways.
2. Two Indian Rails namely Kaifyat Express and Utkal Express derailed, recently.
UIDAI launches door step Aadhar enrollment in Delhi
1. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launches door step enrolment facility with Common Services Centers (CSCs) in the national capital for the elderly, patients and others who cannot travel the Aadhar centers.
2. A mobile van in partnership with CSC India will go and enroll people who are unable to travel to Aadhaar centers for enrollment like elderlies, patients, small children.
Ashwani Lohani becomes the new railway board chairman
1. Ashwani Lohani, the CMD of Air India has been named as the new Chairman of Railway Board, following the resignation on A.K. Mittal. Ashwani Lohani, an IRSME cadre has previously served as DRM, Delhi Division.
2. Mr. Lohani holds four engineering degrees, has authored two books and is credited with the turnaround of the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation and the India Tourism Development Corporation.
Former Manipur CM Rishang Keishing passes away
1. Former Manipur Chief Minister and a member of the first Lok Sabha Rishang Keishing passed away following a brief illness. The veteran Congress leader was 96. He served as the Chief Minister of Manipur from 1980 to 1988 and from 1994 to 1997.
2. Keishing passed away due to multiple organ failures. Keishing, who hailed from Bungpa village in Ukhrul district, was elected to the Lok Sabha in the first parliamentary elections held in 1952.
New Zealand’s oldest cricketer Tom Pritchard passes away
1. New Zealand’s oldest cricketer Tom Pritchard has passed away. He was 100. Pritchard claimed 818 wickets across 200 first-class games, including 695 during a decade of service at Edgbaston.
2. He, however, never played Test cricket. In March 2017, Pritchard became only the third New Zealand first-class cricketer, after John Wheatley and Syd Ward, to reach 100 years of age.
ICMR,Ministry of health signs pact with Korean IVI
1. The Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR)
and the Union Ministry of Health inked a pact with the International Vaccine Institute (IVI), South Korea to collaborate on vaccine research and development.
2. The ICMR is the apex body in the country for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research. The IVI has 35 signatory countries. With this partnership, India is committing an annual contribution of USD 5,00,000 to IVI and joins Sweden and South Korea as financially contributing signatories to IVI.