Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
8 & 9 October 2017 – Current Affairs
Indian Airforce celebrates the 85th Anniversary
1. The 85th anniversary of the Airforce will be celebrated on 8th October at the Hindon Air force station, Ghaziabad with a spectacular show of various aircrafts.President Ram Nath Kovind has addressed the IAF on its Anniversary.
2. The Indian Flag will be displayed in the sky by a team of AKASH GANGA.
PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the Bhadbhut dam at the Narmada River
1. PM Modi laid the foundation stone for bhadbhut dam in Bharuch Gujarat built over Narmada River.
2. He also inaugurated the Anyodaya Express between Jaynagar in Bihar and Udhna in Gujarat.He also inaugurated a medical college and hospital in Vadnagar, Gujarat.
India and Ethiopia signed bilateral agreements on trade,media and communication
1. Bilateral agreements on Trade, Media and communication have been signed between India and Ethiopia after discussions between the Ethiopian President Mulatu Teshome and Indian President Ram Nath Kovind at Addis Ababa in Ethiopia.
2. The two Presidents discussed the economic relations between the two countries and that India will assist Ethiopia in the health, power and education sectors.
Haj committee recommends removal of Haj Subsidy
1. The government constituted a Haj committee which has suggested removal of Haj subsidy and permitting women devotees above 45 years of age to travel in a group of 4 without any male.
2.As directed by the Supreme Court, the Haj committee was formed under the chairmanship of former Secretary Afzal Amanullah to monitor the present Haj policy and make suggestions for New Haj Policy.
Nobel Prize Winners 2017
1.The 2017 Nobel Prize were announced recently in 6 different Subjects viz. Physiology, Chemistry, Medicine, Physics, Peace, Literature, and Economic Sciences.
2. On the 27th of November 1895, Alfred Nobel signed his last will and testament, giving the largest share of his luck to a series of prizes in Physics, Physiology or Medicine, Chemistry, and Peace – the Nobel Prizes.
India’s First Para sports portal launched
1. A National portal named “thenationspride.com” launched to provide a platform to para sportspersons to share their inspiring stories and raise awareness regarding para-sports.
2. Saachi Munot, the 17-year old student and sports enthusiast from Mumbai has started this website as a non-profit initiative.
Ashish Srivastava becomes the CEO & MD of PNB Metlife
1.Ashish Srivastava has been appointed as the CEO & MD of the PNB MetLife life insurance company Ltd.
2.Earlier he was the interim CEO of PNB Metlife.He joined Punjab National Bank as the HR Head in 2013.
Aadhar made Essential for NSC,KVP,PPF and other small savings deposits
1.Having an Aadhar No. is mandatory for all people with Kisan Vikas Patra,PPF,National Savings Certificate and post-office deposits.
2. All account holders have been given time until 31st December 2017 to link their accounts with the unique 12-digit Aadhar Number.
Anupama Ramachandran wins World under-16 Snooker championship title
1.Anupama Ramachandran won the World open title for Snooker Championship in St.Petersburg, Russia.
2.Ramachandran defeated Keerthana Pandian to win the world open under-16 championship.
Rafael Nadal wins the China Open title
1. Rafel Nadal,the world’s number one from Spain defeated Nick Kyrgios from Australia and won his sixth title this year.
2.Rafael Nadal is a 16-time Grand Slam Winner.