Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
6 & 7 October 2017 – Current Affairs
Gauri Lankesh to be conferred the Anna Politkovskaya Award
1. The popular socialist, activist & journalist Gaui Lankesh who was shot dead recently by unknown killers has been decided to be conferred with the honorable Anna Politkovskaya Award by the RAW(Reach All Women) institution.
2.The Anna Politkovskaya Award for women human rights defenders from war and disputed Zones was given jointly to Gauri Lankesh and to Gulalai Ismail, a brave Pakistani activist who similarly is fighting against Islamic terrorism.
HDFC life partners with Apollo Munich to launch a Dual Cover PLan
1. HDFC life and Apollo Munich have joined hands to launch a Single plan that covers both Health and life covers in a single plan and is named the ‘Click2Protect Health plan’.
2. The prime characteristics of the product include surrendering of premium in case of total permanent disability after an accident or on account of critical illness, and special rates of premium for non-tobacco users & women.
“Eazy Connect” platform launched by TATA AIA
1. The Easy Connect launched by the private insurer, TATA AIA is an online customer service platform which will provide services to social media platforms.
2. This Chatbot will be available on all social media platforms to provide answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Vijaya Bank has signed an MOU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
1. An MOU between Vijaya bank & HPCL has been signed so that customers can make use to the BHIM/UPI payment mode on any petrol pumps and LPG outlets.
2.The objective of this tie-up is to promote and encourage the use of Vijaya Bhim or any BHIM enabled app to make digital payments.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the bridge in Dwarka, Gujarat
1.The foundation stone for the bridge in Dwarka from Beyt Dwarka and Okha has been inaugurated by the PM Narendra Modi.It is a four-lane cable-stayed bridge and will link the old and New Dwarka.
2. It is a four-lane bridge with a width of 27.20-metre, footpaths 2.50 meter wide with solar panels of 1MW as street lights.
Uttar Pradesh, Meghalaya & Arunachal Pradesh sign a Mou to encourage culture & tourism
1. Under the ‘Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat’ scheme, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh & U.P. have signed an MOU to strengthen cultural ties through tourism.
2. The aim of the Program is to encourage people to interact with people from different cultures living in other states to promote mutual understanding between them.
European Investment Bank and India have signed a pact to provide loan for Bangalore Metro Rail Project
1.The European Investment bank will lend 300 Million Euros for the Bangalore Meto Rail Project Phase II.
2.This project is being jointly financed by the Asian infrastructure investment bank & EIB.
Magic bricks becomes India’s first online property bidding Platform
1.Magic bricks have launched country’s first online property bidding platform for both residential & commercial properties in partnership with developers M&M.
2. The platform called “My Bid, My Home” will provide bidding for ready to move in homes in Gurugram.
Flipkart launches its in-house label MarQ for the Large appliances category
Flipkart declared the launch of its private label called MarQ for the large appliances category.
2.This step has been taken by Flipkart to provide self-branded offerings in the large appliances category.