Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
5 October 2017 – Current Affairs
Kazuo Ishiguro wins the Nobel prize in Literature for 2017
1. The Swedish Academy made an announcement to confer the Nobel prize for Literature to Kazuo Ishiguro.
2. Anthony Hopkins turned his most popular novel The Remains of the Day written in 1989 into the movie “Butler Stevens”.
Mukesh Ambani is the Richest man in the Forbes India Rich List 2017
1. Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries Limited is the richest man in the Forbes Rich list 2017 and worth $38 billion.
2. The second spot has been occupied by Asim Premji, the tech czar with a net worth of $19 billion.The third spot has been obtained by Hinduja Brothers worth $3.2 billion.
5th October celebrated as World Teacher’s Day
1. The International Teacher’s day is celebrated every year on 5th October to honor the recommendations of 1966 regarding teachers’ status between the UNESCO/ILO.
2. The theme for this year’s World Teacher’s Day is “Teaching in Freedom, Empowering Teachers”.
A High-Level Committee has been set up by the government for Water Management
1. A high-level committee headed by NITI aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar has been set up to properly manage the water resources in the North-east Region.
2.The water management will confer many benefits upon the residents in form of hydro-electric power, reduced flood damage erosion,agriculture,inland water transport, biodiversity conservation, forestry, fishery and eco-tourism.
8th SAARC ASSP conference has started in Sri-Lanka
1.The Association for SAARC Speakers & Parliamentarians 8th conference is taking place in Colombo, Sri Lanka.The ASSP was established in 1992 to promote friendly relations among people of South Asia.
2. Under the ASSP ,the main theme is to promote the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
The World Space Week is celebrated from 4th to 10th October all over the world
1. In 1999, the United Nations General Assembly declared 4th to 10th October as to be observed as the World Space Week to mark the two important days in the Space technology advancement and exploration.
2. The 4th of October marks the launch of the first satellite Sputnik while 10th October marks the signage of treaty on celestial bodies and space.
Ukhnaa Khurelsukh will be the New Prime Minister of Mongolia
1.The Mongolian Parliament declared and confirmed Ukhnaa Khureisukh as the new Prime Minister of Mongolia.Jargaltulga Erdenebat was the previous PM of Mongolia who was removed from the office on grounds of unable to function properly and corruption.
2.Khurelsukh is the 30th Prime Minister of Mongolia.He previously served in the army and joined the parliament in the year 2000.
IRCTC and Mobikwik have partnered for rail ticket bookings
1.IRCTC has partnered with Mobikwik so that customers can use the Rail connect app and use Mobikwik as the payment getaway.
2. With Mobikwik’s easy to use interface for all, customers will be able to make payments through multiple modes like credit card, debit card, net Banking, Wallets & ATM Cards.
The Reserve Bank of India has opened a new Branch in Dehradoon
The RBI has opened a new Branch in Dehradoon, Uttarakhand to make the transactions easier for the State Government.
2.Earlier,the state had to make transactions from the RBI, Kanpur.The CM of Uttarakhand, Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated the new branch.
The HDFC life has launched a Bot for Twitter named Neo
1. Neo is a servicing bot for twitter to assist customers.SPOK was launched aearlier which was an e-mail bot aimed at solving customer queries.
2.The Neo bot is a 24/7 interface which can authenticate customers and provide services like providing info regarding fund value, sum assured and premium amount.