Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
4 October 2017 – Current Affairs
Rajnish Kumar: The new chairman of SBI
1. Rajnish Kumar named as the new chairman of State Bank of India by the Government.He will replace Arundhati Bhattacharya.
2. Presently, Rajnish Kumar is one of the Managing Directors of SBI and has been made the chairman for a tenure of 3 years.Bhattacharya’s tenure was increased for a period of 1 year since 7th October 2016.
Nobel prize in Chemistry for 2017 declared
1. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017 has been announced to be conferred to Jacques Dubochet, Richard Henderson, and Joachim Frank “for developing cryo-electron microscopy for the high-resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution” by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
2.Details about the 3 winners:
Joachim Frank from Columbia University, New York, USA
Richard Henderson from MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Jacques Dubochet fromUniversity of Lausanne, Switzerland
The Chairman of NHAI launched a new multilingual website and PMIS mobile app
1. Shri Deepak Kumar, the chairman of Nation Highways Authority of India(NHAI) has launched a multi-language online platform and a mobile app for project monitoring information system that will help to monitor NHAI projects on mobile phones.
2. The NHAI will digitally monitor the system through the PMIS.
Saumya Swaminathan named as one of the two Deputy Generals of WHO and the first Indian to hold such a high post
1. Soumya Swaminathan named as the Deputy general for WHO and she is the first Indian to hold such a high position at WHO.She is presently the DG if Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR).
2.She has been appointed as Deputy Director General of programmes while Ms. Jane Ellison is the deputy director general for Corporate Operations(DDC).
Mid-day meals scheme launched for pregnant women in Karnataka
1.The Government of Karnataka has launched the Mathru Poorna scheme which is a scheme to provide mid-day meals to pregnant and lactating women in the rural areas of the state.
2. Under this scheme, mid-day meals consisting of an egg,rice,vegetables,milk and pulses will be provided to pregnant and new mothers to reduce malnutrition in women and infants.
According to Morgan Stanley reports, the Indian economy to be the fastest growing economy in the next 10 years
1. India’s GDP to hit $6 Trillion by 2027 and it will be the largest growing economy driven by favorable demographics, digitization, globalization, and reforms.
2. According to the Morgan Stanley report, the trend in India’s GDP growth has been increasing to 5.8% in 1990s and 6.9% in 2000s.
India & Bangladesh sign a 4.5 billion dollar loan pact
1.Bangladesh signed a loan deal of $4.5 billion for its social sector and infrastructure development in presence of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and the Finance Minister of Bangladesh, A M A Muhith.
2.Economic Division Secretary Kazi Shofiqul Azam signed the deal on behalf of Bangladesh while David Rasquinha, the Managing Director of the Export-Import Bank of India (Exim) signed for India.
Param Shah appointed as FICCI director for the UK
1.The topmost body for Industries, FICCI(Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) appointed Param Shah as the New FICCI Director for its functioning in the UK.
2. Pratik Dattani was the former director at FICCI.
Airtel gets permission from Ghana Authority for its merger with Tigo
Ghana national communications authority has permitted Bharti Ghana(Airtel) and Millicom Ghana(Tigo) to enter into a merger.
2.The merger will result in a company that will be the second largest mobile network in the country.
The Baton for 2018 commonwealth games arrived in New Delhi
1. The 2018 Queen’s baton arrived in New Delhi and was received by the joint secretary of Indian Olympic Association, Rakesh Gupta.The baton will travel to Agra from here and the games will take place in Australia.
2.From here the baton will travel to Nainital, Uttarakhand.On 8th October, the main CWG relay event will take place at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.