Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
31 August 2017 – Current Affairs
PM participates in 10th European-union Indian counter terrorism dialogue
1. India and European-union have decided to strengthen the cooperation between their security and intelligence agencies to discourage terror financing and prevent terrorism.
2. This 10th European-union Indian counter terrorism dialogue was held in New Delhi and the main theme of the discussion was how to combat terror financing and enhance counter terrorism cooperation.
ISRO all set to launch IRNSS-1H satellite from PSLV C39
1. The Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) launched the rocket PSLV C39 carrying Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS-1H) from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota.
2. The satellite IRNSS-1H is a part of the indigenous navigation system called ‘NavIC’ that was initially planned to have a constellation of seven satellites.NavIC system is equivalent to the GPS service, having a reach over the whole of India and about 1500 kilometers from its borders on all sides.
Biggest X-Ray laser gun in the world XFEL to start operating in September 2017
1. The biggest X-ray gun in the world has been named European X-Ray Free Electron Laser(XFEL) will begin to operate in September 2017.
2. It can produce 27000 laser pulses per second which are 200 pulses more than the highest performing gun in California.Laser pulses were first produced in May 2017.
Union cabinet has given an approval to the MOU on India and Israel industrial R&D and technological innovation fund
1. The union cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi Has approved the MOU between India-Israel on industrial R&D and technological innovation fund.
2. According to the MOU, both India and Israel will make a contribution of 5 million dollars annually for five years and will be governed by a joint board which will have four members from each country.
Former CBI director R.K.Raghavan appointed the New High Commissioner to Cyprus
1. External affairs ministry has appointed the former CBI director R.K.Raghavan as the new high commissioner to Cyprus.He is a cyber security specialist.
2. Nicosia is the capital of Cyprus.Raghavan was the CBI director from 1999 to 2001.
Ujjivan small finance bank Ltd. has been given a schedule bank status by RBI
1. A completely owned subsidiary of Ujjivan financial services Ltd., Ujjivan SFB has been given a schedule bank status by RBI
2. Currently, Ujjivan small finance bank has 65 well-established branches in eight states and two union territories.
Kuldip Kaura appointed the new CEO of Vedanta Ltd.
1. Vedanta Ltd., the mining and metal major appointed Kuldip Kaura as its new interim CEO.
2. Tom Albanese was the former CEO of Vedanta.The company is spread across India, South Africa, Namibia, Australia, and Ireland.
NTPC signs a 3000-crore term loan pact with ICICI
1. NTPC has signed a loan of 15 years tenure of 3000-crore with ICICI bank for its capital expenditure.
2. NTPC commissioned 3,845 MW capacity and added 2,190 MW to its commercial capacity during 2016-17.
Amazon partners with Karnataka Government to help implement Ksheera Bhagya scheme
1. Amazon will help Karnataka government to implement the Ksheera Bhagya scheme in schools by partnering with Akshay Patra Foundation.
2. Under this scheme, school children will be provided with a glass of milk five days a week.The aim of the scheme is to ensure children start their day with a healthy glass of milk rich in proteins and fats which are essential for the all-round development of growing children.
Swiss President Doris Leuthard on a three-day visit to India
1. The president of Swiss Confederation Ms.Doris Leuthard arrived on a three-day visit in New Delhi, India to meet PM Narendra Modi.
Switzerland is the seventh largest trading partner and 11th largest investor in India and India and Switzerland enjoy great business ties.She was accompanied by senior government officials and they will hold discussions on bilateral, global and regional issues of mutual interests.