Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
29 August 2017 – Current Affairs
29 August: National Sports Day
1.The national sports day is celebrated every year on the birthday of the legendary hockey player Major Dhyan Chand.
2. 29 players have been selected to receive honors by honorable President Nath Kovind.The awards include Rajiv Gandhi khel ratna award, arjuna award, and Dronacharya award.
National sports talent search portal launched by the vice president
1. “National sports talent search portal” launched by the Vice President Venkaiah Naidu.It is an initiative taken by the government to search talented sports persons from every corner of the country.
2. On this portal anyone the child or his parents, His teacher or coach can register and upload his details and video and the government will select him to receive training at the Sports Authority India centers.
Kenya has imposed hard laws on use of plastic bags
1. Kenya has imposed a fine of 40000$ and up to 4 years of imprisonment on selling or using plastic bags.
2. China, Rwanda,Italy, and France have also banned the use of plastic bags including 40 other countries now Kenya included.
India signs pact on technical cooperation with Germany for Renewable energy
1.India and Germany signed an agreement under the IGEN-GEC(Indo German Energy Programme-Green energy corridors
2.The aim of this agreement is to improve the grid integration of renewable energy.
Vodafone imposed a penalty of Rs.7900 crores by the IT-department because its taxes were due
1.In 2007,Vodafone had acquired 67% in the mobile phone business owned by Hutchison Whampoa which is now a part of CK Hutchison
2. The income tax department has imposed the amount of Rs.7900 crore tax on the cost of acquiring the mobile business a decade ago on CK Hutchison holdings ltd.
Nitasha Biswas has been crowned the first Miss. Transqueen India
1. The first Indian Miss.Tansqueen crown has been conferred to Miss Nitasha Biswas who hails from Kolkata and is persuing MBA.
2. Manipur’s Loiloi was the first runner up.She will now compete with Miss.Transsexual Australia while Nitasha will go to Thailand to take part in Miss International queen.
National research development corporation won two awards
1.The NRDC, The technology transfer wing of the Ministry of Science and technology won two awards: The Assocham services excellence award 2017 and H Purushotham , its chairman also won an award.
2.Purushotham was awarded the IAAM medal 2017 by the International Association of Advanced materials in Sweden, Stockholm.
Kerala CM launched the logo for fifa U-17 cup in Kochi
1.Pinarayi Vijayan , the chief minister of Kerala launched the logo for FIFA U-17 cup in the host city Kochi.
2.The logo represents Kochi’s identity and will be a tool to link locals with global world cup.Kochi is the first Indian city to host FIFA.It will take place in Jawaharlal Nehru stadium of the city.
NITI aayog launches Ease of doing business report
1.Niti aayog launched the ease of doing a business report which was based on survey report given by IDFC institute to recognize the importance of monitoring the business environment in India.
2.India has been ranked 130 by Wold bank in “ease of doing business” survey.
Karnataka government launches special tour packages on golden chariot
1.Golden chariot is South India’s first and only luxury train and special tour packages have been announced on occasion of Dasara.
2.2 night and one day package per person has been decided at Rs.25000 per person(Indian) and Rs.40000(Foreigners)