Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
28& 29 September 2017 – Current Affairs
28th September: World Rabies Day
1.The theme for 2017 World Rabies Day is ‘Rabies: Zero by 30’.
2. World Rabies Day
is celebrated every year to raise awareness about prevention of rabies. The day also marks the death anniversary of Louis Pasteur
, the French chemist, and microbiologist, who developed the first vaccine for rabies.
28th September also celebrated as World Maritime Day
1.The World Maritime Day is celebrated all over the world on 28th September. The theme for this year is ‘Connecting Ships, Ports and People’.
2. It aims to concentrate on helping International Maritime Organization (IMO) member states to implement and develop maritime strategies to invest in a joint inter-agency approach.
Asian Development Bank to increase the yearly lending to India to 4$ Billion
1. The Asian Development Bank will raise its annual lending to India to $4 billion between 2018 and 2022.
2. The proposal has been declared at new ADB Country Partnership Strategy for 2018- 2022. The new programme includes private sector operations and is much higher than the an average of $2.65 billion a year in loans extended between 2012 and 2016.
VNL & BSNL sign pact for disaster management
1. Telecom services provider VNL(Vihaan Networks Limited) has signed an MoU with BSNL to provide solutions for disaster management. The service named ‘Relief 123’ will reestablish connectivity at disaster sites, and help locate the affected areas to help make informed decision-making.
2.The service is an all in one disaster response solution for the first responders and public safety agencies. The solution is designed and manufactured by VNL and the backend connectivity will be provided by BSNL.
Air India enters into partnership with Indusind bank & PNB
1.Air India has entered into a partnership with public sector lender PNB and private sector IndusInd Bank to get loans of over Rs 3,000 crore to meet their working capital needs.
2. Recently, the disinvestment-bound Air India had released tenders for getting Govt. guarantee backed short-term loans of up to Rs 3,250 crore in the first phase to meet its urgent working capital needs.
Rajiv Sabharwal the new CEO of TATA capitals
1. Tata Capital announced Rajiv Sabharwal as Managing Director & CEO of the company. Sabharwal will be joining Tata Capital in January 2018 and would be replacing the company’s current Managing Director & CEO Praveen P Kandle.
2. Kandle will be taking over other responsibilities in the Tata Group effective April 1, 2018. Sabharwal is currently a partner at True North Managers LLP, previously known as India Value Fund Advisors.
ICICI announces Home Loan Scheme named “Cashback”
1. ICICI Bank has announced a new home loan scheme that offers borrowers the benefit of 1% cashback on every EMI, for the entire period of the loan. The offer will be valid for home loans with a minimum period of 15 years and the maximum period of 30 years.
2.Customers have a choice to adjust the cashback against principal outstanding of their home loan. The cashback will start to ensue from the first EMI itself. It will first get credited to the customer account after completion of the 36th EMI.
India ranked 40 in the Global Competitiveness Index, Switzerland on top.
1.The World Economic Forum released a list of 137 countries rankings in the global competitiveness index.`India is the most competitive among South Asian countries at 40th position.
2. Switzerland is the most competitive nation.India stands 3rd among the BRICS nations.The top three most competitive economies in the world are Switzerland, The U.S., and Singapore.
Syndicate bank has reduced Savings account interest rates by 0.5%
Public sector Syndicate Bank has cut the interest rate for savings account by 0.50 percent to 3.50 percent for deposits up to Rs 25 lakh. The bank has revisited rate of interest on savings bank deposits from October 10 to 3.50 percent from 4 percent existing rate.
2.For the deposits above Rs 25 lakh, the interest rate remains unchanged at 4 percent.
5 Indian Badminton players on Top-20 BWF Men’s Ranking
1. Five Indians are in the top-20 of the BWF men’s singles rankings for the first time. HS Prannoy is the biggest gainer after his quarterfinals at the Japan Open. Prannoy has got up four places to be no.15 in the world.
The 5 Indian Shuttlers in the top 20 BWF men’s singles rankings are-
- Kidambi Srikanth (8th)
- B Sai Praneeth (17th)
- Sameer Verma (19th)
- Ajay Jayaram (20th)
- HS Prannoy (15th)