Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
27 September 2017 – Current Affairs
27th September: World Tourism Day
1. 27th September is celebrated as World Tourism day on 27th of September.Its purpose is to raise awareness internationally about the importance of tourism and its social, political, cultural, and economic value. The theme for World Tourism Day 2017 is ‘Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development’.
2. UNWTO,the United Nations World Tourism Organization is responsible for the promotion of sustainable,responsible and universally accessible tourism.
Kandla port has been renamed as Deendayal port
1. The Kandla Port is one of the top 12 major ports in India and has been renamed as Deendayal Port after the name of Hindutva icon Pundit Deendayal Upadhyay.
2. Kandla Port is located on the Gulf of Kutch in Gujarat and is one of the twelve important ports in the country.
Bilal Dar from Srinagar become the Swatchta hi Seva Ambassador
1. A young boy named Bilal Dar has been named as brand ambassador for swatchta abhiyaan at Srinagar Municipal Corporation for his contribution in Cleanliness drive since the age of twelve.
2. The Swatchta hi sewa campaign has been advantageous for the local residents like scrap dealers & buyers and also increasing prevention against vector-borne diseases.
Indian Embassy organizes Incredible India campaign in Cairo
1. Incredible India campaign launched by the Indian embassy in Cairo.It is a month-long campaign.
2.This campaign has been launched to attract Egyptian travelers and make them aware of numerous holiday options in the country.
Platts has ranked Reliance Industries Limites(RIL) as 3rd largest energy firm
1.In the Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings, RIL has been declared as the third largest energy firm in the world.Russian gas firm Gazprom and German utility E.ON are on the 1st & second spot.
2. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC) has climbed to 11th position from 20th position & Indian Oil Corporation(IOC) has come up to 7th position from the 14th position in 2016.
PENCIL portal launched by Union ministry to stop child labor
1. The Home Minister of India Rajnath Singh launched the Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour (PENCIL) Portal at the National Conference on Child Labour organized by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
2. The PENCIL is an online platform that aims at involving Centre & State Governments, civil societies and the general public in achieving the target of a society free from child labor. Shri Rajnath Singh also launched the Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the implementation of legal framework against child labor.
Angola gets its first new President after 38 years
1.Joao Lourenco took an oath as the new President of Angola after 38 years.This has happened after Jose Eduardo dos Santos took retirement.
2.Lourenco was the former defense minister of the country has sworn to raise the foreign investment of the country.
India ranked 40 in the Global Competitiveness index,Switzerland on top.
1.The World Economic Forum released a list of 137 countries rankings in the global competitiveness index.`India is the most competitive among South Asian countries at 40th position.
2. Switzerland is the most competitive nation.India stands 3rd among the BRICS nations.The top three most competitive economies in the world are Switzerland, The U.S., and Singapore.
IDBI bank partners with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to start “Project Nishchay”
1.IDBI Bank has Initiated ‘Project Nishchay’
in collaboration with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to Upgrade,Reorganize and improve its financial performance.
2.The project will be headed by the senior management at IDBI Bank along with BCG. BCG will help the bank to recognize areas for cost management and maximization of revenue leading to sustainable growth and profits for the Bank.
World’s heaviest woman Eman Ahmed dies
1. Eman Ahmed who was the world’s heaviest woman had reached Mumbai for weight loss surgery died in Abu Dhabi.
2.She died due to complications in organs even though she had lost 300 kgs out of 500 kgs.