Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
26 September 2017 – Current Affairs
SAUBHAGYA scheme launched by the Union Government
1. The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna “Saubhagya” scheme worth Rs.16,320 crore which aims at 24 hours electric supply to poor homes.
2. This electrification of poor households has to be done by March 31,2019.
Economic Council reconstituted by PM Modi
1. The Prime Minister reformulated the Economic Advisory Council(EAC) and Bibek Debroy has been declared its chairman.Bibek Debroy is among the think tanks of NITI aayog.
2. The council had been dormant since resignation of C Rangarajan(former governor of RBI).Surjit Bhalla, Ashima Goyal,Rathin Roy, and Ratan Watal are the part-time members of EAC.
The government of Odisha launched the “Sampurna” scheme
1. The Sampurna( Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan ) Yojna launched by the Odisha government under which it will pay Rs.1000 to pregnant woman to travel to hospital.
2. The aim of this scheme is to reduce the Maternal mortality rate & infant mortality rate.It is reaching out to thousand of villages in 30 districts of Odisha.
A new Underground water treatment plant build in Tripura,Agartala.
1. An underground treatm,ent water plant has been installed in southern part of Agartala,Sadhutilla to make water free from iron and other contaminants.
2.The plant can treat 4 to 8 million litres water everyday.
Ministry of Tribal affairs released a minimum support scheme for minor forest produce
1.In order to make a fair and equitable business deal with the tribals- the ministry of tribal affairs initiated the minimum price support scheme for Minor forest produces(MFP)
2. A deal with Amazon has also been signed to market the tribal handicrafts on the online platform.
Gvernment of Karnataka has launched the Vision-2025 project
1. The CM of Karnataka, Siddaramaiah has launched the Vision-2025 project for the development of the state in span of seven years by knowing the public opinion.
2. A website named ‘www.navakarnataka2025.in’. launched to seek public opinion to know how they see their dream state in next seven years.
ADB has lowered its prediction of growth rate for India
1.Asian Development Bank (ADB) has lowered India’s growth rate prediction to 7 percent for the current year while lowering its forecast for the next financial year as well.
2.India’s GDP is downgraded to 7 percent in the financial year 2017-18.In the financial year 2018-19, the forecast is adjusted down to 7.4 percent, from 7.6 percent, according to the Asian Development Outlook 2017 update.
P2 Indians in the “world’s most powerful Business women” list
1.Two Indian women have made p[lace on Fortune’s list of Most Powerful Women in business outside the US. MD and CEO of ICICI Bank Chanda Kochhar was ranked fifth and MD and CEO of Axis Bank Shikha Sharma was ranked at 21.
2. Santander Ana Botín,Group Executive Chairman of Spain’s Banco was on the top of the list. The 50 global businesswomen represent 17 countries and many industries.
SBI launched Payjo, a chat assistant for its customers
1.Sbi has lowered the minimum amount in savings account from Rs.5000 to Rs.3000 and also lowered the penalty for maintaining such balance.
2.Pensioners,Minors and beneficiaries of social benefits are exempted from this minimum balance requirement.
Gold medal won in 5000m Athletics Nations by Lakshmanan
1. Lakshmanan bagged the gold medal in 5000 m 57th National athletics championship held in Nehru Stadium in Chennai.
2.Lakshmanan has recently won gold in the 3000m event at the Asian Indoor Games in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.