Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
25 October 2017 – Current Affairs
SAATHI initiative launched jointly by power & textiles Ministry
1.The Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help small Industries(SAATHI) initiative launched by the Union Textiles Power Ministry.
2.Under this Union Ministry of Power will acquire Powerlooms,Rapier kits and motors in bulk through the Energy Efficiency Services Limited(EESL).
India signs a 300$ million loan pact with Asian Development Bank
1.The Government of India has signed a loan pact with Asian Development Bank of an amount equal to $300 million to bring about fiscal reforms in the state of West Bengal.
2. The main focus of reforms will be on rationalization of expenditure,increase the private investment in the state and improve the administration in revenue.
RBI to make Legal Entity Identifier(LEI) Manadatory for companies with exposure greater than 5 crore
1. Legal Entitity Identifier(LEI) made compulsory by RBI for companies with non-fund based and fund based exposure greater than 5 crore.
2.Firms will have to get an LEI code from Legal Entity Identifier Ltd.(LEIL).LEI is a unique 20 digit alphanumeric code accorded to a company.
RBI imposes a fine of Rs.2 cr on IDFC bank
1. Reseve Bank of India has slapped a penalty of Rs.2 cr on IDFC(Infrastructure Development Finance Company) bank for breach of rules on loans & advances.
2.This penalty has been imposed by the RBI in conjunction of the bank to stick to certain rules laid down by the RBI under the Banking Regulation Act,1949.
Indian and Indonasian Navy begin the 30th edition of CORPAT
1.The 30th edition of CORPAT(coordinated patrol) and 3rd bilateral exercise between Indonasian and Indian Navy began with arrival of the Indian navy ship Sukanya to Belawan under commander SA Deodhar.
2.This maritime exercise is being carried out twice a year since 2002 to make stronger ties between the two countries.
The passport of Singapore Named most Powerful and India’s rank is 75th
1. Singapore becomes the first Asian Country to have the most powerful passport.This list has been prepared according to a Passport index made by the Arton Capitals,an advisory firm.
2. India has ranked 75 in this list.Earlier,mainly European countries would make it to the top of the list with Germany occupying the first position for many years but it slipped to 2nd position this time.
DoT gives permission for merger between R-Com and Sistema
1.The Department of Communication has permitted the Merger between Reliance Communications & Sistema.
2.This merger will extend the Spectrum portfolio of R-Com to 800-850 MHZ in the main circles-Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Kolkata,Kerala, Karnataka, UP-West and West Bengal.
Scott Fleming Joins NBA as Basketball operations head
1.The former head coach of the Indian Basketball team Scott Fleming has joined the National Basketball Association(NBA) as the head of basketball operations.
Scott Fleming will lok after the Leagues Elite and Youth including Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA program, NBA Basketball School and NBA Academy India.
Hina Sidhu and Jitu Rai jointly won Gold at the ISSF world cup
Hina Sidhu and Jitu Rai won the first gold for India at the world cup finals in Delhi of the International Shooting Sports Federation(ISSF)
2.They won the gold in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed team event.This is Rai and Sidhu’s third gold together.
Padma Vibhushan winner Girija Devi,Thumri Singer passes away
1. The Famous Classical singer known as the “Queen of Thumri” Girija Devi passes away in Kolkata at the age of 88.
2.She was called Appa ji and was from the Benaras Gharana.