Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
24 October 2017 – Current Affairs
24 October: United Nations Day
1.The International United Nations Day is celebrated all over the world on 24 October.
2.This Year’s UNO day also marks the 72nd Anniversary of the UN entry into the into force in 1945.
Reserve Bank of India has also set up a special task force on Public Credit Registry
1.A transparent,near-real-time and comprehensive PCR for India has been planned to be developed.A 10 member High-level task force on Public Credit Registry has been constituted by the RBI.
2. The head of the committee is YM Deosthalee who was the former CMD of L&T financial holdings.
EEPC has signed a deal with PNB to provide finance to SMEs
1. To provide easy access to financial services to merchant exporters and SMEs, an MOU between Engineering Export Promotion Council and Punjab National Bank has been signed.
2.PNB has assured that a loan amount up to Rs.10 crore will be provided within a span of 6 to seven weeks to support members of EEPC India.
Escorts Ltd. and SBI have signed an MOU to finance tractors
1. State Bank of India has signed a pact with Escorts Ltd.to provide finance to farmers to purchase tractors.
2.This MOU will provide loans upto Rs.10 Crore within a span of 6 to 7 weeks,.
IndusInd Bank launches an m-wallet called Indusind Mobikwik
1.IndusInd Bank has launched an m-wallet in collaboration with Mobikwik called Induslnd Mobikwik.Customers can pay through the Direct Debit Feature using their Mobikwik Account.
2.This Direct Debit feature will allow the user to link their Induslnd Bank account to the m-wallet instead of downloading a separate Mobikwik App.
NDC signs a pact with EPDC and Lovely Professional University for IP management
1. The National Research Development Corporation(NRDC) has signed an MOU for technology exchange and IP Management with the Lovely Professional University & European Business Technology Center(EBTC).
2. The MOU will start training Programmes for Intellectual Property(IP) management & commercialization of IPRs.
SBI launched the second edition of Digital Hackathon
1.A hackathon has been organized by SBI from 1st Nov to 12th Nov 2017.This is the second edition of this hackathon and its named ‘Digitize for Bank.’
2.The SBI Collaborative Innovation Centre (CIC) presented this edition of the hackathon and its main focus is on the following- Facial Recognition, Voice based Authentication, Signature Recognition, and Cheque Truncation Value Enhancers.
The second World Congress on Marxism to be held in Beijing
1.The Second World Congress on Marxism will be held in May 2018 at Peking University in Beijing, China.
2. “Marxism and the Current World and China” is the theme of this World Congress and it also marks the 200th BIrthday of Karl Marx.
Gitanjali Rao, an 11-year old becomes the Top American Young Scientist
An 11-year-old Indian-Americal schoolgirl names Gitanjali Rao has been named the Top Young Scientist in America due to her invention of a lead-contamination detector in water which is also cost-effective.
2.Gitanjali is a seventh-grade student and her inspiration was the lead contamination in Flint, Michigan
Cristiano Ronaldo named best Men’s FIFA Player
1. Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Best FIFA Men’s Player award in London, UK by beating Neymar and Lionel Messi.
2.The award covers a period from November 2016 to July 2017 and the winner is selected through voting by national team captains, coaches, fans and