Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
22 September 2017 – Current Affairs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a visit to Varanasi for 2 days
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a 2-day visit to his Parliamentary constituency Varanasi where he flagged off the Mahamana Express from Varanasi to Vadodara and Surat through a video link.
2. He will inaugurate 17 infrastructure projects, The microfinance bank Utkarsh bank. He will also start a Jal Ambulance service and jal shav Vahan in Varanasi.
The first Scorpene Class submarines, Kalvari delivered to Indian Navy
1. The First Scorpene Class Submarine was Kalvari was delivered to the Indian Navy at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL).Kalvari has been named after a dangerous deadly deep sea predator of the Indian Ocean called Tiger Shark.
2. Khanderi and Karanj are the other scorpene class submarines undergoing trials & development.
The First Electric Bus service launched in Himachal Pradesh from Manali to Rohtang Pass
1. The state Transport Minister GS Bali inaugurated the electric bus service in Himachal between the 51-km long stretch of Manali & Rohtang Pass.
2. The state is the first to launch electric buses at a height of 13 thousand feet in the world.
“Newton” is India’s official entry to the Oscars 2018 in the best foreign film category
1. The Film Federation of India has announced Newton to be the official entry from India to the Oscars 2018 in the best foreign film category.
2.The movie has been directed by Amit Masurkar and stars Rajkumar Rao tells the story of a polling officer Newton Kumar who is determined on organizing free and just elections in the disputed forests of Chhattisgarh.
Smriti Irani, The textiles minister of India inaugurated the VASTRA fair
1.A four-day Global Textiles fair is being held in Jaipur which was inaugurated by the chief minister Vasundhara Raje and textiles minister Smriti Irani.
2. The foreign direct investment has increased thrice in the year 2016-17.The MUDRA yojana has been successful in raising incomes of the weavers.
A deal on military cooperation has been signed by Saudi Arabia & Britain
1. The deal was signed in the Red Port city of Jeddah between Michael Fallon, the defense secretary of Britain & Mohammed bin Salman , the Prince of Saudi.
2. The agreement comes as Britain Wants to search for advantageous business deals around Europe, including the fuel and energy-rich Gulf monarchies, after leaving the European Union.
The UBER license was banned in London
1.The transport regulator of London scraped off the license of the Cab aggregator company Uber giving it a major blow and the 40000 drivers.
Uber had been facing disapproval from Back cab drivers, Lawmakers & unions over the working conditions in the company.September 30th will be the last day of license for Uber.
QATAR Airlines launches Double Beds in its Business Class
1.Qatar airlines have become the first airlines in the world in install double beds in its business class aircraft from London to Doha in Qatar.
2.These cabins will be called Qsuites and next in line will be Aircraft from Paris to New York.
Veteran Actress Shakila Passes Away at 82 due to Heart Attack
1.The Veteran actress Shakila who was a part of films like Aar Paar and CID passed away recently due to heart attack.
2.She was famous for the song “Babuji Dheere Chalna” and was 82 years old.
Jake LaMotta is no more
1. Jake LaMotta , the legendary boxing champion is no more.He was in his 90s and was known as the Raging bull & Bronx bull.
2.He lived a life of violence both in and outside the ring.It was portrayed aptly in the movie Raging Bull.