Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
21 September 2017 – Current Affairs
21 September:International Day of Peace
1. 21st of September is celebrated as international day of peace all around the world.It was started by the United Nations in 1981.
2. Theme for this year is “Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All.”
The Union Cabinet refurbished the khelo India Program
1. The Union Government will invest Rs 1,756 crore for a span of three years to bring certain improvements to the ‘Khelo India’ scheme, the decision has been taken to fulfill two goals: Sports For All and Sports For Excellence.
2. An annual scholarship worth Rs 5 lakh for 8 years will be given t each selected athlete.A scholarship will be awarded to at least 1000 athletes across India.A massive national fitness drive will cover around 200 million children between the age 10-18 years.
The World’s fastest bullet train In China
1. China reestablished the maximum speed of its bullet trains on the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway line to 350 kilometers per hour, making it the speediest commercially run train. It had reduced its speed 6 years ago due to a life-threatening accident.
2. The speed was decreased to 300 kilometers per hour following the fatal accident in July 2011 that killed 40 people.
Fifty countries signed a treaty to ban nuclear weapons
1. 50 member nations have inked the treaty to put a ban on nuclear weapons under the UN Nuclear ban treaty.
2.More than 120 countries agreed upon the nuclear weapons ban treaty in July 2017.
Peer to Peer lending platforms to be treated at par with NBFCs
1.After a year or more of persistence, the RBI has announced that peer-to-peer (P2P) lending platforms need to be managed and considered equal to non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
2. The final regulatory framework for P2P lenders is still in line. Few P2P lending platforms in India are Qbera, LenDen Club, Lendbox, Faircent,Rupaiya Exchange and Monexo.
FINO payments bank has launched its mobile banking app
1. FINO payments bank launched its mobile banking app called Bpay.The aim of Fino is to make banking easy for millions of people who don’t use banking services.
2. An important feature of the mobile app is that it enables its customers to perfectly access wallet as well as savings account features, with a single login.
NPCI appoints B Sambamurthy as its provisional chairman
1.National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has appointed B Sambamurthy as provisional Chairman. He will take the place of M Balachandran, who was the former Chairman of NPCI.
Sambamurthy was earlier the Director and CEO of Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) and Chairman and Managing Director of Corporation Bank before that.
The Global Retail Development Index of India has surpassed China in 2017
1.India became the Top retail destination in 2017 leaving China behind in the Global Retail Development Index.
2.There are mainly four factors contributing to this rise- it is firstly due to increased consumer spending on commodities other than essentials, Increasing mobile and internet usage, beneficial foreign investment atmosphere and brave action on cashless transaction and GST.
The official emblem and slogan for FIFA Women’s world cup 2019 France launched
1.The official emblem and slogan for FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 were released in Paris, France. The emblem shows the competition trophy wrapped in blue and white, with eight splinters of light around the football at the top of the trophy signifying the eighth edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
2.The slogan for the tournament is “Dare To Shine” which reflects the development of football, mainly women’s football.
Telangana Government made Aadhar card mandatory to enter Pubs
1. Telangana government has made Aadhar card as an essential ID proof to enter Pubs in Hyderabad.People below age of 21 will not be allowed to enter.
2.A murder case of 17-year-old girl incited the excise department to implement such a step.