Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
19 September 2017 – Current Affairs
International Yoga Festival Begins in Kashmir
1. The Governor of the state N N Vohra inaugurated the international Yoga festival in Kashmir and about 300 people are taking part in this festival from all across the world.
2. The festival and sports championship is being organized by the Yoga society of Kashmir at the Sher-i-Kashmir and people all across from India, Vietnam, Taiwan, Canada, Bulgaria, USA, and Nepal are taking part in it.
Union Petroleum Minister is in Kazakhstan t attend the 13th Inter-governmental Commission meeting
1. The central Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan is in Astana, Kazakhstan to attend the 13th Meeting of Inter-Governmental Commission (IGC) with Kazakhstan.
2.The objective of the meeting is to take forward the agenda set between India and Kazakhstan during the two visits of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to Kazakhstan.
Telugu Filmmaker S S Rajamauli conferred the ANR Award
1. The Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu conferred the honor of the prestigious ANR award to Telugu Filmmaker S S Rajamauli for his contribution to the film industry.
2. Rajamauli is the director of the record-breaking Blockbuster movie-Bahubali.
SEBI allows InvITs and REITs to issue bonds
1. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) permitted Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) to raise capital by issuing debt securities.
2.It gave the permission to Realty and Infra trusts to issue bonds.The decision will help draw investors to the capital-scarce real estate sector.
OLA partners with Karnataka tourism department
1.The cab aggregator company OLA cabs tie up with the state tourism department based on the theme of World Tourism day celebrated by the United Nations.
2. The campaign is being executed in collaboration with the Karnataka tourism department to raise awareness regarding being responsible while traveling named “Ghoomo Responsibly”.
US Army and IDF inaugurate the first permanent base in Israel
1. The US Army and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) inaugurated a permanent base In Israel.This is the first permanent American base in a Middle Eastern country.
2. The base represents the long-term partnership, the well thought allegiance between the armies and the military of the United States of America and Israel.
Mahindra & Mahindra entered into strategic alliance with the U.S. car major Ford motors
1.Mahindra & Mahindra entered into a partnership with the major motor company from US Ford to enable cooperation in fields of Products, technologies & distribution.
2.Amazon has partnered with the bank of Baroda to provide micro-loans of amounts as low as 1 lakh and at rates of interest 10.45-11 percent in a period of 3 to 5 days.
The cyclist Mark Beaumont breaks the world cycling award
1.The cyclist Mark Beaumont broke the world record for cycling around the world-by 44 days.He covered an 18000-mile route in 79 days and arrived in Paris a day early.He belongs to Perthshire and is 34 years old.
2.He was riding for 16 hours a day and slept for 5 hours a day.Earlier he has made a record of 198 days in 2008 which was broken by several other riders.
India bags four medals in Asia indoor and Martial Arts games
Purnima Hembram won the first gold medal for India in the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts games in women’s pentathlon held in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
2.India stands 11th in the medals tally presently and the host Turkmenistan stands first.India also got two silvers and a bronze.
Lewis Hamilton won the F1 Grand Prix in Singapore
1.Lewis Hamilton won the Formula One grand Prix in Singapore.His competitor Sebastian Vettel had to stop the race because of his damaged Ferrari car.
2. Hamilton stood first following him was Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo.