Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
14 & 15 November 2017 – Current Affairs
14 November: World Diabetes Day
1.The world diabetes day is celebrated on 14th November and diabetes is the ninth most prevalent cause of death in females.
2.The theme for this year’s world diabetes day is, ‘Women and diabetes – Our right to a healthy future’.
31st ASEAN summit highlights
1.Some important highlights of the summit are:
1.ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Council Meeting
2. 20th ASEAN Coordinating Council (ACC) Meeting took place
3. 16th ASEAN Political-Security Community (APSC) Council Meeting held,
4. Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Ministerial Meeting (RCEP MM),
5.The Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity (MPAC) 2025 Videos were launched,
6. Signing of the Side Agreements of the ASEAN-Hong Kong Investment Agreement (AHKIA),
2. “Partnering for Change, Engaging the World” was this years’ theme at the ASEAN conference.
The 10th SAES begins in Nepal
1.The National Planning Commission and Ministry of Commerce of Nepal is organizing the 10th South Asian Economic Summit(SAES) in Kathmandu Nepal.It is a 3-day summit.
2.The theme os this year’s SAES is ‘Deepening Economic Integration for Inclusive and Sustainable Development in South Asia’.
Asian Banker’s Association(ABA) meeting to be hosted by Mumbai for the first time
1. The 34th yearly conference of the ABA will be hosted by Mumbai for the first time.
2.About 160 bankers from India and international will be part of this conference and the theme will be “Asia’s turn to transform”.
Air India has secured a loan of Rs.1500 crore from Bank of India
1.Bank of India has extended a loan of Rs.1500 crore in favor of debt-ridden Air India.
2.Earlier, the airline had borrowed Rs 3,250 crore from Punjab National Bank and IndusInd banks. This is the second time it has borrowed from a Public sector bank.
International Solar Alliance founding Ceremony held in Germany
1. The founding ceremony for the International Solar Alliance was held in Bonn, Germany.
2.The Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Anand Kumar was present from India.
According to the BofA ML report, by 2028, India will be the 3rd largest Economy
1.The Bank of America stated that India will be the 3rd largest economy till 2028 and leave Japan behind.
2.India will surpass Japan and Germany in terms of GDP by 2028.