Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
12 October 2017 – Current Affairs
13 October:International day for Disaster Reduction
1.The International Day for Disaster Reduction was celebrated all over the world on 13 October. The theme for this years’ IDDR is ‘Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement’.
2.The campaign of 2017 has the objective to increase the awareness globally regarding effective policies ,actions, and practices taken to reduce risk of disaster.
India Ranks 100th among 119 countries in the Global Hunger Index
1. India ranked 100th in the Global Hunger Index among a list of 119 countries.About 21% of children in India are malnourished.It ranked 97th in the 2016 list.
2. In the list released by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), the position of India is even lower than countries like Nepal,Myanmar,Bangladesh,Sri Lanka and China and is considerably a large problem at hand.
According to the Safe Cities Index, Tokyo is the safest and Delhi stood 43rd
1. The Economist Intelligence Unit has released the Index for safe cities 2017 in which Tokyo stood first in a list of 60 countries based on health and personal security.
2.Delhi and Mumbai stood 43rd and 45th and Singapore and Osaka are 2nd & 3rd.
Amazon has partnered with Microsoft to launch a platform for deep learning
1. Amazon has launched an interface for deep learning called ‘Gluon’ in partnership with Microsoft.
2.This interface will provide a platform to developers where they will develop a first preliminary version,make use of,train and build machine learning models.
General Insurance Company has re launched the third Largest Initial Public Offering to India
1.An initial public offering(IPO) of Rs 11,370 crore launched by the General Insurance Corporation and it is the third largest IPO in India after Rs 15,200 crore IPO of Coal India.
2. General Insurance Corporation is the largest reinsurance company in India.
Yuvraj Singh becomes first Laureus’ Ambassador
1. Yuvraj Singh has been declared as the Laureus’ first Indian ambassador.
2. He is the first Indian Ambassador for Laureus’ and has become a part of the family earlier consisting cricketers Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev and Rahul Dravid.
Gautam Bambawale is India’s new Ambassador to China
1.Gautam Bambawale has replaced Vijay Gokhale as the New Indian Ambassador to China.
2.He is an IFS officer of the 1984 batch and was the High Commissioner of India to Pakistan.
Mastercard has decided to open its first innovation center in India
1.Mastercard,the US-based financial tecnology company has launched its first global innovation center in Pune,India.
2. This is the ninth center in the world and 2nd in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Indian football team qualifies for the 2019 Asian Cup by beating Macau
India defeated Macau to qualify for the 2019 Asia Cup.
2.Earlier India had qualified for the Asian Cup in 2011 and 1984.
IIC has given its nod to ODI league and New Test Championship
1. The International Cricket Council(ICC) gave its nod for 13-team One day International League and Nine-team Test championship in Auckland.
2.The test series will start after 2019 world cup.