Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
12 September 2017 – Current Affairs
The president of Belarus is on a 2-day visit to India and many agreements on cooperation signed between the two
1. Aleksandr Grigoryevich Lukashenko, the president of Belarus is on a 2-day visit to India to meet Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi for discussing mutual interests of both the countries and many agreements are expected to be signed on economic cooperation as there is a huge scope of trade and investment between the two countries.
2. MOUs on Oil and gas sector, field of Vocational Education and Training, Scientific and Technical Cooperation between National Academy(INSA), Agricultural Research and Education Programme are expected to be signed between Belarus and India.
UK withdraws from the EU by passing a withdrawal bill in British Parliament
1. The British Parliament passed a withdrawal bill to remove the UK from adhering to EU laws in time as Brexit has passed its Parliamentary test.Now all the EU laws will be converted in UK laws and it will not have to follow the lead of EU.
2.This step has ended the term of the European Communities Act of 1972 which took the UK into the then European Community.
The upper limit for National Pension scheme raised to 65
1. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has decided to raise the upper limit of joining the National Pension Scheme(NPS) to 65 years of age.
2. Earlier, the NPS allowed citizens between the age 18-60 to join the scheme but now the limit has been raised to 65 years.This has been done to cover more people in India under pension because currently on 17 to 18% are benefiting from the pension plan and 85% population is engaged in the unorganized sector.
Nepal’s Finance ministry and Asian Development Bank(ADB) sign a loan agreement of 152$ million
The Asian Development bank will loan an amount of 152 million dollars to the ministry of finance of Nepal for the application and improvement of its power distribution and transfer.The loan agreement was inked in Kathmandu.
2.The loan has been granted to the Power Transmission and Distribution Efficiency Enhancement Project (PTDEEP) which helps in the construction of power transmission lines in various parts of Nepal.
Badminton Association of India has decided to give its First life time achievement award to Prakash Padukone
1.Prakash Padukone, the renowned badminton player from India has been selected by the Badminton Association of India to be honored with the prestigious lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the sports.He is the first recipient of this award.
2. The award will be presented to him in New Delhi and a prize of Rs.10 lakh amount will also be conferred to him.
Tahir Mahmood awarded the N R Madhava Menon best law teacher award
1. The distinguished jurist Tahir Mahmood received the N R Madhava Menon award for his contribution in legal education and legal services on the occasion of National law teachers’ day.
2. The award is granted every year to celebrate and honor the most deserving law institutions and teachers in India and the SAARC region.The awards were organized by the Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) and Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training (MILAT).
Mother dairy and Maharashtra government join hands to set-up a processing plant
1.A lease agreement to set up a milk and dairy products processing plant has been signed between The Maharashtra Government and Mother Dairy Fruit and Vegetable Pvt. Ltd, a unit of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)
A dairy development initiative will begin in Vidarbha and Marathwada to provide access to milk producers to markets in Nagpur and Mumbai.
HDFC bank becomes the second most valuable company at the BSE
1.HDFC Bank surpassed Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to become the country’s second most valued firm in market valuation.
Shares of HDFC Bank gained 0.93 per cent to Rs. 1,840 (its 52-week high) on the BSE. Reliance Industries Ltd is the country’s most valued firm followed by HDFC Bank and then TCS in top three list.
BWF World Senior Badminton Championships to be hosted the first time in India
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Senior Badminton Championship tournament has started in Rajiv Gandhi Indoor Stadium of Kochi and is being hosted in India for the first time.It will continue till 17th September.A total of 665 players from 40 countries are participating in this week long tournament.
2.A total of 175 players will represent India including Olympians – Abhinn Shyam Gupta, Nikhil Kanetkar, and V Diju with 1982 Asian Games bronze medalist Leroy D’sa and Partho Ganguly, three times Asian Games team bronze medalist.
J & K bank has cut interest rate on savings account to 3.5%
1.Public sector bank Jammu and Kashmir Bank (J&K Bank) has decreased the rate of interest on its savings bank accounts by 0.50 per cent to 3.50 per cent with immediate effect.
ii. The interest rate cut mainly began with industry leader SBI cutting it 0.50 per cent to 3.50 per cent for deposits up to Rs. 1 crore.