Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
12 October 2017 – Current Affairs
A Joint Declaration of Intent(JDI) signed between Railways of India & Germany
1.A Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) has been signed between Ministry of Indian Railways and Germany at the Rail Bhavan to carry out the possibility of the study on the 643 km long Chennai-Kazipet corridor by German Railways to increase the speed of passenger trains to 200 kmph.This will be done on 50.50 percent cost-sharing basis.
2.German Railways will help Indian Railways to make country’s existing rail corridors semi-high speed which is to make trains run at 200 kmph.
The Economic Advisory Council held its first meeting
1. The recently constituted Economic Advisory Council headed by Bibek Debroy held its first meeting in New Delhi to discuss and think upon the roadmap to raise the short term GDP of India and which has got a quarterly low of 5.7% in 3 years.
2. The major issues for discussion include job creation, attract private investments and increase the consumer demand.
The largest innovation center to be set up by SBI at Mumbai
1. The State Bank of India is going to set up the largest innovation center in Navi Mumbai in the Belapur area.The center will be built as its global IT center.
2.The SBI will make an investment of Rs.100 crore t build this 15000 sq ft innovation center.
The HSBC bank has launched a mobile app to track trade transactions
1. The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation(HSBC) launched an app called Trade Transaction Tracker(TTT) to help its customers in tracking their transactions on a real-time basis.
2.This app will provide a global view of imports and exports transactions & collections.
According to LinkedIn India is the second largest pharma market
1.In a report released by Linkedin, India’s contribution in the pharmaceuticals and biotech industry is 13.7% and it has emerged as the second largest market in the industry globally.
2. According to the report, although New Delhi, Chandigarh, and Kolkata are the talent hubs for this sector lot of talent migration takes place to the US too.
National award conferred to G.S. Sandhu and Dr.Bindeshwar Pathak
1. The National award for senior citizens to Indian boxing was given to Gurbax Singh Sandhu and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics, and Management to Dr.Bindeshwar Pathak was given by President Ram Nath Kovind.
2. Dr.Bindeshwar Pathak is the founder of Sulabh International.While Gurbax Singh Sandhu has coached both men & women boxers.
LG India partners with Bajaj Finserv
1.LG Electronics declared its partnership with Bajaj Finserv on an OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) basis.
2.This decision has been taken in the provision to the Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 and a state advisory board has also been set up to help the Divyangjan.
Bihar Government gave its approval to give reservation to “Divyangs”
1.During a meeting presided by CM Nitish Kumar, the decision to give reservation to physically disabled persons or Divyangs has been taken by the Bihar Government.
2. Presently he is the Indian Ambassador to France.
The Indian cricket team pacer Ashish Nehra has announced his retirement
The Indian player Ashish Nehra declared his retirement from the game and will play his last match on 1 November 2017.
2.The 38-year old cricketer has played for the Indian team for 18 years and has played 120 ODIs,17 Tests and 26 T20Is for India, has taken 235 international wickets.
Bulgarian International Tournament won by Gurusaidutt
1. RMV Gurusaidutt, the bronze medalist of the commonwealth games has won the Men’s Singles at the Bulgarian International Tournament.
2.Gurusaidutt won after defeating the Turkish player Mohammad Ali Kurt.