Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
11 October 2017 – Current Affairs
Anupam Kher becomes Chairman of FTII
1.Anupam Kher has been appointed as the new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), in Pune.Gajendra Chauhan was the chairman of FTII prior to Kher.
2.Anupam Kher has been part of over 500 films and has been part of the theatre circles. He previously held the position of chairman of the National School of Drama and the Central Board of Film Certification.
Sex with wife under age of 18 will be considered rape as per Supreme Court
1. The Supreme court gave out the verdict that sex with a minor wife will also be considered rape as per the law now.
2. It did not give any verdict regarding marital rape wherein sex with one’s wife without consent will be considered irrespective of age.
The Government of Himachal Pradesh has launched a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme
1. Himachal Pradesh Government has decided to implement the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) under which elderly persons will be provided specialized health care.
2.The scheme would provide a coverage of Rs 30,000 to all the senior citizens holding the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) smart card.
Rs.2000 crore given by Government to set up Aadhar units in Post Offices
1. The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has decided to give Rs.2000 crore from the government to post offices to set up Aadhar units at the Post Offices to rule out private contractors from the process of data collection.
2.The process of Aadhar Enrollment and Updatation will be done by trained staff by using machines approved by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
The Indian Monetary Fund has reduced the Growth prediction for the current financial year of India to 6.7%
1.The Indian Monetary Fund(IMF) lowered its growth forecast for India from 7.2% to 6.7% for the financial year 2017-18.
2. According to prediction, India is expected to gain the tag for fastest growing Economy next year when its forecast will be 7.4%.
11th October: International girl child day
1. Since 2012,11th of October is celebrated as international girl child day to mark the struggles of a girl for her empowerment and her human rights.
2. The Theme for this year’s Internation Girl Child’s day is: The Power of the Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030.
Nisha Desai Biswal is the president of US India Business Council (USIBC).
1.Nisha Desai Biswal has been appointed as the president of US India Business Council (USIBC).
2.She was the former Indian-American assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asia.
VM Kwatra is the Indian Ambassador to Monaco
1.Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as the Indian ambassador to Monaco and been given residence in Paris.
2. Presently he is the Indian Ambassador to France.
NABARD buys 7% stakes worth Rs.900 crore of SIDBI from IDBI bank
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has bought 7% more stakes in SIDBI from the Public sector bank IDBI bank.
2.This is the largest investment made by NABARD and it will increase its holding in SIDBI to 10%.
Axis bank has appointed Sangram Singh as CEO of Freecharge
1. Sangram Singh replaces Jason Kothari as CEO of free charge which has been recently acquired by Axis Bank.
2.TFreecharge was acquired by Snapdeal in 2015.It currently has a revenue of Rs.80 crore.