Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
10 October 2017 – Current Affairs
10th October celebrated as World Mental Health Day
1. The 10th of October is observed as the World Mental Health day all over the world to raise awareness about the mental health issues and promoting efforts to eradicate adverse mental health conditions.
2. The theme of World Mental Health day 2017 is “Mental Health in the workplace”.
3rd International Yoga Conference inaugurated by the Vice President
1. The 3rd International Yoga conference inaugurated by M Venkaiah Naidu,the vice-president of India.The theme for this year’s yoga conference is “Yoga for Wellness”.
2. The two-day long conference has six technical sessions and experts will make discussions on the scope of yoga in medicine, depression and gynaecological disorders,control of cancer, and pain management.
The Government of Uttarakhand launches Solar Briefcase
1. Uttarakhand Government in collaboration with the charitable funding foundation agency named Swan Cultural Center launched ‘Solar Briefcase’ in Kedarnath Dham to provide electricity to remote areas.
2. The step has been taken to provide electricity to the far remote areas in the State.
Reliance commercial signs a 300 cr loan agreement with the IREDA
1. Reliance Commercial Finance Ltd has signed a Rs.300 crore loan agreement with Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) in Mumbai.
2.The RCFL makes investments in wind and solar energy projects besides providing help to develop infrastructure and renewable energy projects supported by the government.
The first BIMSTEC disaster management exercise inaugurated by the Home Minister Rajnath Singh
1.The Four-day long first BIMSTEC disaster management exercise (DMEx-2017) has been inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
2. The exercise will be conducted in two phases in Delhi and NCR by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to check the preparedness of regions in case of a disaster.
The IIA has awarded GCMMF as the best FMCG in food sector
1. At the 5th International Advertising Associations (IAA) Leadership Awards held in Mumbai, the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation has been awarded as the best Fast Moving Consumer Goods(FMCG) in Food sector.The GCMMF manages the brand AMUL.
2. Amul is the largest Indian Food Brand with an annual turnover of 38000 crore.
India drops to 8th rank in the Valuable Nations brand list
1.In the Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2017,India ranked 8th in the Valuable Nations Brands.The U.S. maintained its first spot while China climbed to 2nd spot and became the fastest growing nation.
2.India’s rank went down by 1 spot and Canada replaced it.The drop in rank is due to slow growth of the Indian Economy this year.Brand value of India went down by 1% while that of Canada rose by 14%.
The MD of Facebook India Umang Bedi has resigned
1.Umang Bedi has resigned from his position as MD for Facebook India within a year of joining Facebook.Sandeep Bhushan will be the new interim MD of Facebook.
2. Bedi was appointed as MD by Facebook from Adobe.He previously served as Managing Director of the South Asia region at Adobe.
IIT Kharagpur Signs MOU with Samsung
The Indian INstitute of Technology(IIT) Kharag p0ur has signed an MOU with the Samsung to Set up a Digital academy on the Institute’s Campus.
2.The Computer Science department of IIT Kharagpur will teach and train students regarding the Internet of Things(IOT) through Tizen-based operating systems used by Samsung in its Appliances and mobiles.
The growth forecast for GDP of India reduced to 7% by World Bank for 2017-18
1. The World Bank has reduced the GDP forecast for India from 7.2% to 7% for 2017-18.
2.The OECD(Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) and Asian Development Bank also reduced their GDP predictions for India to 7% and 6.7% respectively.