Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
1 November 2017 – Current Affairs
The most number of New Tuberculosis cases in India in 2016 according to WHO
1.According to a report by the World Health Organization(WHO), India has stood first among a list of seven countries in New cases of Tuberculosis in 2016.
2.According to the Global TB Report 2017, the list according to the number of Multidrug-Resistant TB cases found in 2016 is:
An Agreement between India & Tunisia to combat terrorism
1.The external affairs Minister of India Sushma Swaraj and Tunisia, Khemaies Jhinaoui reviewed the bilateral ties between the two countries and Combat extremism and terrorism.
2. Six agreements in the fields of judicial cooperation, cooperation in information and communications technology, youth issues, trade, and business, were also signed.
To supervise PSU bank mergers, a panel under Arun Jaitley set-up by the government
1. A ministerial panel led by Arun Jaitley up oversee the Mergers between the 21 state-run banks formed by the government.
2.Other Members in this panel for bank consolidation include defense minister Nirmala Sitharaman and coal minister Piyush Goyal.
A loan amount of 2317 crore sanctioned by SBI to finance Solar Power Projects
1. Under the SBI World Bank program, the State Bank of India has declared to provide a loan of 2317 crore to the Corporates to for financing grid connected Solar Projects.
2.This funding will create a solar capacity of 575 MW aggregate.
Michael Jackson becomes the Highest-earning dead celebrity for the 5th time
1.In a list released by Forbes, Michael Jackson has emerged as the top-earning dead celebrity for the 5th time consecutively with a value of $75 million.
2.Golf legend Arnold Palmer stands at the No. 2 position with a value of $40 million and the creator of Peanuts, Charles Schulz ranks third with the value of $38 million.
The King of Bhutan is on a four-day visit to India
1. Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, the king of Bhutan with his wife, Queen Gyaltsuen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck is on a four-day visit to India and arrived in New-Delhi.
2. The King will meet PM Modi and President Ramnath Kovind during the visit.
Haryana government declares lifetime pension for “Hindi Satyagrahis”
1.TheGovernment of Haryana has announced that Hindi Satyagrahis and those who were imprisoned during the emergency will receive a monthly lifetime pension of Rs.10000.
2.The government also said that it will provide more help to the veterans of World war II and their widows.
Vikram Singh the new Private secretary to the President
1.The former officer in the Indian Railway Traffic Services, Vikram Singh has been appointed as the New private secretary to Ramnath Kovind.
2.The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has appointed Vikram Singh to the post for a span of two years.
Vikas Singh appointed as CEO for Bharti AXA life
1.The Joint enterprise between Bharti enterprise and AXA, Bharti axa has appointed Vikas Singh as its CEO.
2.Before joining Bharti AXA, Singh worked with the Aditya Birla Group for 10 years.
Martina Hingis resigns from pro tennis
1. Martina Hingis will retire after the WTA Finals after being on the top in both doubles and singles out of the top 6 women players.
She won five in singles along with 13 major doubles titles and seven in mixed doubles.