Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
08 September 2017 – Current Affairs
World Literacy Day:8th September
1. The 51st International Literacy Day is being celebrated on 8th September at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The theme of the day as announced by UNESCO is “Literacy in a digital world”.
2. On this day, in 1965, the World Congress of Ministers of Education met in Tehran for the first time to discuss the education program at the international level. The UNESCO declared 8th September as the International Literacy Day in its 14th Session in November 1966.
ICAR will take major works of research in collaboration with World Bank
1. The Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) will take up major research works on agriculture this year with the World Bank funding of 1100 crore rupees.
2. India ranks first in milk production in the world, the milk yield per animal is very low as compared to international standards.
The research in making available enough fodder for cattle as it remains an area of concern now and also to address the climate change challenges.
Amazon opens largest fulfillment center in Hyderabad
1. Amazon, India opened its biggest fulfillment center near the Rajiv Gandhi international airport, Shamshabad in Hyderabad.
2. It is a 400,000 sq feet center with a 2.1 million cubic feet of storage space.This is the fifth center of Amazon in Telangana itself.
Nestle opens its first food safety institute in India
The new CEO of FSSAI Pawan Kumar Agarwal inaugurated the Nestle food safety institute in Manesar in Gurugram.
2.This is the first such institute in India to provide training and guidance on food safety.Nestle has also set up such institutes in China and Lausanne, Switzerland.
ICICI gets permission from SEBI for IPO
1.ICICI Lombard has got the permission from the market regulating authority SEBI(Securities and Exchange Board of India) for its proposed Rs.6000 crore IPO(initial public offering).
2. ICICI Lombard was formed under the partnership between ICICI Bank and the Canada-based Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.
Viveck Goenka elected as the new chairman of the Press Trust of India(PTI)
1. Viveck Goenka who was earlier the chairman and MD of the Express Group has been elected as the new chairman of the Press Trust of India(PTI), which is the largest news agency in India.
2. N.Ravi, the previous Editor in chief of The Hindu has been elected as the Vice-Chairman of the PTI.
Ashish Kashyap resigns as the Co-founder and President of MakeMyTrip
1.Ashish Kashyap has resigned as the co-founder and President of MakeMyTrip from 30th September 2017.
2.He had been the Co-founder and President of MakeMyTrip since October 2016.He was earlier the CE of the ibibo group.
Nagaland has decided to implement the Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) under the MGNREGA
1.From the current financial year Nagaland has implemented the DBT(direct benefit transfer) under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
2.46,894 active workers of MGNREGA Adhar linked bank accounts and 1.79 lakh of workers have been verified with aadhar to open a bank account.
India has refused to sign the declaration of Bali over the issue of Rohingya
1.India refused to sign the Bali declaration in Indonesia at the world Parliamentary forum on sustainable development.
2.The declaration stated that all parties will contribute to restoring stability and security in the context of the violence against Muslims of Rohingya in Myanmar’s Rakhine state.
Sonam from India wins gold in the world cadet wrestling championship
1.Sonam from India wins gold in the world cadet wrestling championship in the 43-kilogram weight category.
2.The Wrestler Neelam also bagged a Bronze Medal in the 43 kilogram weight category.