Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
07 September 2017 – Current Affairs
Ashok Leyland signed a pact with Rosoboronexport, Russia
1. Ashok Leyland, a Hinduja Group flagship company has signed a MoU with Rosoboronexport, Russia in order to supply tracked vehicle solutions to the armed forces.
2. Rosoboronexport (ROE) is the only organisation of the State in Russia for export of an entire range of military technologies and products.Another MoU is signed with an emerging significant player in strategic electronics, tactical communication and avionics globally, the ELCOM Group.
BSNL partnered with Coriant to forge a path towards 5G services
1. State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has entered into an agreement with the US-based networking solutions provider, Coriant to make the path to 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) in India.
2. The MoU was inked between BSNL and Coriant for laying the foundation for innovation in network architectures and services 5G, IoT, Software, mobile edge computing technologies and Defined Networking/Network Functions Virtualization (SDN/NFV).
An expert task force has been constituted by NITI aayog to increase Employment and exports
1. National Institution for Transforming India Aayog constituted a special task Force to provide a major push to job creation by enhancing India’s exports.
2. The 15-member committee of ‘Task Force on Employment and Exports’ has secretaries from various government departments, industry experts and economists as its members.The committee will give sector-specific recommendations in important employment sectors to suggest measures to increase trade in services with high employment.
Exide life insurance partners with PMC bank
Exide Life Insurance has announced a partnership with Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank (PMC Bank) to provide its protection and savings products to the customers of PMC.
2.PMC Bank is a multi-State scheduled urban cooperative bank with 127 branches across Maharashtra, Delhi, Karnataka, Goa, Andhra Pradesh,
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
Indian Government launches the UJALA scheme in Melaka, Malaysia
1.UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable Lighting for All) Scheme has been launched by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power, Government of India in Melaka, Malaysia.
2. The Scheme has been launched by the Chief Minister of Melaka,Datuk Seri Utama Ir. Hj. Idris Bin Hj. Haron. Each household in Melaka will get 10 high-quality 9-watt LED bulbs, Under this scheme.
SLINEX 2017,India and Sri Lanka joint Naval exercise begins in Vishakhapatnam
1. India and Sri-Lanka have begun their joint Navy exercise SLINEX 2017 and it will conclude on 14th of September.
2. SLINEX 2017 aims at establishing strong ties between neighbouring countries and will follow greater maritime understanding and interaction.
GIFT city wins ASSOCHAM awards for its excellence in services
1.Gujarat International Finance-Tech City (GIFT City) -India’s first smart city & IFSC(International Financial Services Centre) has received the ASSOCHAM(Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India ) awards for services excellence.
2.It has received this honour for its extensive contribution in becoming the technology hub and International financial city.
Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2019 will be hosted by India
1.India will host the 2019th Commonwealth (Senior, Youth, and Junior) Weightlifting Championships.
2.Currently, the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast, Australia.Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (85kg) and K Sanjita Chanu (53kg) from India bagged a gold medal.
The book written by Shyam Saran-How India sees the world launched.
“ How India Sees the World: Kautilya to the 21st Century”-a book written by India’s former foreign secretary launched by Manmohan Singh-the former PM of India.
2.In the book, Saran has also written about the meeting of Cabinet Committee on Security(CCS) in 2006 on the eve of Indo-Pakistan defence secretarial talks.
Parineeti Chopra becomes first Indian woman to become the ambassador of Australian tourism
1.Parineeti Chopra becomes the first Indian woman ambassador for the Friends of Australia(FoA) panel.
2.The purpose to constitute a Friends of Australia(FoA) panel was to establish mutually beneficial and long-term friendship of Tourism Australia.The panel also consists of Harsha Bhogle and Sanjeev Kapoor.