Welcome to NewSarkariJobs – Read Current Affairs from the most reliable source. Get all the latest and updated Current Affairs daily and prepare for preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and much more only at www.newsarkarijobs.com
05 September 2017 – Current Affairs
National Teacher’s day was celebrated on 5th September
1.Teacher’s day is celebrated every year in India on the 5th of September in the honor of Dr.S.Radhakrishnan who was the first Vice-President of India,second president,a noted scholar and Bharat ratna recipient.
2. It is celebrated every year to mark the birth anniversary of Dr.Radharishnan.
An online environmental quiz competition called Prakriti Khoj launched
1. The environment ministry launched a National Level environmental quiz competition called Prakriti khoj on Teachers day.
2. The objective of this quiz is to generate interest among young children about the science related to environment.The initiative is to motivate children towards environment conservation-oriented lifestyles.
Astronaut Peggy Whitson returns to earth
1. The astronaut Peggy whitson returned to earth after completing a 288-day space mission.
2. She is 57 and one of the oldest astronauts with world record of most specewalks as a woman.
President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of the SAUNI plan
1.President Ram Nath kovind laid the foundation stone for second phase of the Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) yojana.
2.The first phases of link I, II, and III of the SAUNI Project have been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The project is to bring the waters of Narmada River to the reservoirs of parched Saurashtra region. President Kovind was on a two- day visit to Gujarat.
Health Ministry launches two new contraceptives
1.The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched two new contraceptives, an injectable contraceptive called Antara and a contraceptive pill, Chhaya, in the public health system to increase the contraceptive choices to meet the emerging needs of couples.Chhaya is effective for one week and Antara for 3 months.
2.The contraceptives have so far been launched in 10 states that includes Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Haryana, West Bengal, Odisha, Delhi and Goa.
The BRICS summit concludes in China
1. The 9th BRICS summit was held in Xiamen, China. The theme of the summit was “Stronger Partnership for brighter Future”.10th BRICS summit to be held in South Africa.
2.BRICS nations signed 4 pacts. They were:
- BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Agenda on Economic and Trade Cooperation;
- BRICS Action Plan for Innovation Cooperation (2017-20);
- Strategic Framework of BRICS Customs Cooperation; and
- MoU between the BRICS Business Council and the New Development Bank on Strategic Cooperation (NDB).
RBI has included the HDFC bank amon the D-SIBs
1.RBI included HDFC Bank in the list of ‘too big to fail’ lenders, referred to as D-SIB or domestic systemically important bank. SBI and private sector major ICICI Bank were classified as D-SIBs in 2015.
2.Now there are three too big to fail financial entities in the country.
Sankara Narayanan takes charge as CEO and MD of Vijaya bank
1.R A Sankara Narayanan has taken charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Vijaya Bank.
2. He has taken over the reigns of the bank from Kishore Sansi.
International Finance Corporation invests $10 mn in Power2SME
1.International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, has invested $10 million as in e-commerce firm Power2SME.
2.It helps small and medium companies buy raw materials at bulk prices and get capital without collateral.
Amritpal Singh first Indian player to be signed by the Australian basketball team.
1.Amritpal Singh becomes the fist Indian player to be picked by the Australian NBL basketball team.
2.He will be part of Sydney kings,he hails from a village in Punjab and was a part of the Pune Peshwas in the Indian basketball league.
DBS bank gets permission from RBI for subsidiary in India
1.DBS bank India,a part of financial services company DBS group holdings,has received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to convert its franchise to a wholly-owned subsidiary (WOS) in India.
2.RBI has stated that under the WOS model for foreign banks would involve Local incorporation and a local board of directors.