17 August 2017 Current Affairs is available now for the users to read.
17 August 2017 Current Affairs
RBI Makes Aadhaar Linkage Mandatory for Farmers
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) made Aadhaar linkage mandatory for availing short-term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh in 2017-18.
- The advice to all public and private sector scheduled commercial banks was sent through a RBI notification on the “Interest Subvention Scheme for Short Term Crop Loans during the year 2017-18”.
Italy to Host G7 Interior Ministers’ Summit on Security
- Italy will host a summit of G-7 interior ministers centered on security issues.
- According to Italian Interior Minister Marco Minniti, the meeting is being organized at the request of Italy’s G-7 partners namely Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan and the United States.
- The summit is expected to be held in October.
Karur Vysya Bank appoints P R Seshadri as MD and CEO
- Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) appointed Shri P R Seshadri as Man
- aging Director & Chief Executive Officer of the Bank.
- PR Seshadri replaced K Venkataraman.
- He is appointed for the period of three years.
Corporation Bank bagged Best performance award from NABARD Awards committee
- Corporation Bank bagged the best performance awards for SHG-bank linkage program for Karnataka for 2015-16 and 2016-17 from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard).
- The bank was given the award for its overall performance under SHG-bank linkage program for 2015-16 and 2016-17 among commercial banks operating in Karnataka.
Navroz and Parsi New year celebrated across the world
- Parsi New Year, Navroz is being celebrated across the world.
- The festival is celebrated by follows of Zoroastrianism in Middle-East, USA and South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan.
- The day is celebrated to gain health, wealth, prosperity, and productivity. Four ‘Fs’ – Fire, Fragrance, Food, and Friendship play an important role in the celebration.
Cabinet approved raising of 9000cr from NABARD to complete irrigation projects
i.The Union Cabinet has approved raising 9,020 crore rupees for Long Term Irrigation Fund in 2017-18 under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY). According to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, the amount will be raised by NABARD through Bonds.
ii. The Fund seeks to make loans from NABARD attractive for states by ensuring lending rate of 6 per cent per annum.
CCEA approved DIPAM’s proposal for strategic disinvestment
i. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the proposal of Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) for the strategic disinvestment.
ii. The department will set up an alternative mechanism comprising of the Finance Minister, Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Minister of Administrative Department, to decide on the matters relating to terms and conditions of the sale.
Karnataka bank on social media
i. Karnataka Bank Ltd has ventured into social media by opening its official pages in social networking sites such as FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
ii. The official social handle of the bank is @karnatakabank for Twitter and Facebook, and @officialkarnatakabank for Instagram.
Government puts a penalty of USD 264 million on RIL(Reliance industries limited)
The government has imposed a new penalty of USD 264 million (about Rs 1,700 crore) on Reliance Industries Ltd and its partners for producing less than the targeted natural gas from eastern offshore KG-D6 fields in 2015-16.
iiaf world championships 2017
IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) World Championships 2017 was held in London.
Top 5 Countries in the list of Medals were-
- US (30 Medals)
- Kenya (11 Medals)
- Great Britain (6 Medals)
- Poland (8 Medals)
- China (7 Medals)
Real Madrid defeated Barcelone in the Spanish Super cup 2017
i. Real Madrid defeated Barcelona in the the 2017 Spanish Super Cup to seal the win at the Bernabeu, Spain.
ii. Real Madrid achieved the feat without Cristiano Ronaldo, who is facing five-game ban for pushing the referee after he was sent-off in the first leg.